Software Development Intern
Company: Agilent Technologies
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the
quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied
market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services,
consumables, applications, and expertise. Agilent enables customers
to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what
they do best: improve the world around us. Information about
Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer (GCMS) manufacturing
Procurement/Planning team is looking to hire a Computer Science /
EE or / Software Engineering Intern. Programming skills are
required in some of the following languages: C-Family (C, C++,
Java, C#), HTML, and Visual Basic.
* Software development, testing, and validation for reporting and
databases to support a procurement and planning organization
* Automated Data Collection and visual data presentation for
factory and purchasing data including dashboards and metric
* Interfaces with key IT contacts to implement systems
* May assist the engineering team in experiments, testing, and
* May assist solutions engineering team in programming/integrating
automated equipment including robotics and augmented reality
The ideal intern will be able to work 32-40 hours each week during
the duration of the internship.
Remote work allowed
This role will begin immediately (not a summer or winter
Our ideal applicant:
* Is enrolled in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of undergrad or 1st year
or going into the 2nd year of a Master's degree program at an
accredited university, ideally studying software engineering,
electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering or a
similar field of study.
* Can confidently communicate needs, plans, and achievements at all
levels of a corporate organization.
* Demonstrates the ability to set priorities and meet
* Is able to simultaneously participate in multiple issues as they
arise in a manufacturing environment.
* Possesses a willingness to work in a hands-on environment.
* Demonstrates a willingness to take on new challenges and learn
from the experience of coworkers.
* Experience with object-oriented programming and skills in some of
the following languages: C-Family (C, C++, Java, C#), HTML, Visual
Basic. Experience with .NET framework and its architecture
* GUI development, structured exception handling, asynchronous
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All
individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged
to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or
religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic
partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran
status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by
federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be
discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the
workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If
you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the
application or interview process or have questions about workplace
accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email
email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual
For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Agilent Technologies, Wilmington , Software Development Intern, IT / Software / Systems , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!