Embedded Software Engineer
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Intro: Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build
community and bring the world closer together. Through our family
of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company
that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways
to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer
together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small
business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at
heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems,
and working together to empower people around the world to build
community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help
people build stronger communities - we're just getting
started.Summary: Facebook Reality Labs is building products that
make it easier for people to connect with the ones they love most,
enjoy top notch wire-free VR, and push the future of computing
platforms. We are a team of world-class experts developing and
shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software and
content.Facebook Reality Labs team is seeking Embedded Software
Engineers with strong design and build skills, experience with
low-level systems software and device driver programming and
experience with shipping hardware/software products. This person
will be an integral member of the team, responsible for embedded
software design and optimization. This person will also be involved
in developing a solid platform while working on a variety of
domains to enable new experiences for augmented reality, virtual
reality and social/family products.Required Skills:
- Design and implement components at all layers of the system,
e.g. kernel, synchronization primitives, resource allocators,
memory management, security, I/O systems, persistence, etc.
- Design and implement drivers and services that operate
efficiently in a constrained environment yet when pressed can
efficiently deliver large volumes of data with low-latency and
- Own the definition of one or more work streams focused on
hardware bringup, peripheral drivers and communication, silicon
integration and power and performance management and
- Debug complex, system-level, multi-component issues that
typically span across multiple layers from kernel to
- Profile performance problems and drive optimizations that span
the entire software stack.
- Bring up new devices and lead debugging and performance tuning
exercises that span multiple hardware/firmware/software teams.
- Understand software components from multiple partner teams,
lead the integration of those components into the unified product
code base, and drive their continued development.Minimum
- 6+ years' Software Engineering experience in the following:
device driver development, embedded systems, or operating
- 2+ years experience working on systems software in a
large-scale C/C++ code base.
- 2+ years experience defining and driving technical work streams
and providing technical leadership for software engineering
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: BSP/Board
Support Package, Operating Systems, Android OS, RTOS, Bootloader,
Power Management, Linux, Graphics and Display Drivers, MCU
- Experience in hardware bringup using interfaces like ADC, GPIO,
SPI, I2C, etc.
- Experience developing, debugging, and shipping software
products on large code bases that span platforms and tools.
- Experience with Software Development processes including:
source control, bug tracking, and design documentation.Preferred
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Engineering, Computer Science,
Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Deep specialized experience in two or more of the following
areas: BSP/Board Support Package, Operating Systems, CoreOS,
Kernel, Android Kernel, Bootloader, Power Management, RTOS, Linux,
Graphics and Display Drivers, MCU (Microcontroller).
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in
cross-functional teams.Industry: InternetEqual Opportunity:
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook
is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Facebook, Wilmington , Embedded Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Dover, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!