CNC Programmer - Star Swiss or Mazak
Company: Acero Precision
Location: West Chester
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Description Acero Precision, located in West Chester, PA is an
industry leading Medical Device contract manufacturer producing the
very best in precision engineered components. To succeed in today's
manufacturing industry- with its demands to serve customers in a
truly global environment- we rely on three vital resources: the
newest engineering technologies, quality systems, and most
importantly highly-skilled people. We invite you to become a member
of an organization that has established an outstanding reputation
for quality and excellence. Highly competitive wages, a
state-of-the-art-facility, an emphasis on work/life balance, career
advancement, a team-centered workplace culture, and the opportunity
to be your best is waiting for you at Acero Precision.
- 100% Employer Paid Medical
- Dental / Vision Benefits
- Work-Life Services Benefit Program (Employee + Family)
- Group Life Insurance
- 401k retirement plans with employer match What We Offer:
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Relocation Assistance
- 100% Paid Uniforms
- Unused PTO paid out at the end of the year. Professional
- State-of-the-art in house training classing room and
- Tuition reimbursement for approved advanced learning and skills
- Student loan repayment assistance. Learn And Grow: We are
committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We continue to
build a learning community where you can work with team leaders who
are highly skilled and work towards expanding your technical
capabilities. Our company promotes an environment that allows for
continuous growth and promotion opportunities! Essential Functions:
- Use of CAD/CAM software and advanced machine shop
- Conceptualization and implementation of creative solutions to
complex machining challenges, along with R&D support during new
product introduction cycles.
- Generate CNC programs for assigned product lines using CAD/CAM
software and/or manual programming methods. Macro programming will
be required in some instances.
- Detailed understanding of blueprints including such aspects as
geometric & dimensional tolerances, notes, revisions, specification
references and surface finish requirements.
- Familiarity with different raw materials including aluminum,
copper alloys, stainless steels, titanium, plastics and efficient
ways of machining each of them.
- Makes appropriate changes in cutting tools, work holding and
CNC programs when dictated by engineering drawing changes.
- Responsible for documenting set-up sheets and set-up tool bins
at every set up.
- Completes first article inspections for newly machined
- Create, update and maintain manufacturing documents and
information in proprietary inspection software.
- Initiate improvements in Swiss or Mill CNC programming
techniques to improve processing and/or part quality.
- Supports Manufacturing (i.e. Milling, Turning, Drilling,
Polishing, Debur, Cleaning etc.) in the areas of process
development, tool design, machinery & equipment acquisition and
layout of operations.
- Keep abreast of new technology while refining in-house
- Capable of working in a superior manner with no direct
supervision. Swiss or Mill CNC Programmers should feel entirely
comfortable as problem solvers and must be able to find solutions
quickly and easily.
- Detailed knowledge of the use and application of cutting tools.
This includes sharpening, geometry, grades, coatings and
- Maintain production goals through attention to the machining
process from start to finish.
- Verify estimated versus actual cycle and setup times and insure
that proprietary inspection software and the Shop Schedule are kept
accurate and up to date. Populate the proprietary inspection
software with correct times when job is up.
- Specify the entire manufacturing process from start to finish
and insure that these processes are efficiently and accurately
- Make sure that Change-Over Procedures, Standard Operating
Procedures and other instructional documents are followed by
everyone working in their cell. Lead by example in this
- Must be able to identify material types and alloys using bar
stock color codes.
- All parts at the bench must be in trays and arranged a neat and
orderly fashion. The status of all parts should be clear to any
- Understand the basics of Statistical Process Control, (SPC),
and adjust the machines accordingly.
- Detailed knowledge of measuring and inspection equipment.
Develop ways to inspect parts more efficiently.
- Responsible for quality control of all manufactured parts
within the cell.
- Continuously aware of visual defects such as out-of-tolerance
surface finishes, burrs, staining etc.
- Make sure that non-conforming parts are clearly marked and
handled separately from production parts to insure that they cannot
be shipped to the customer.
- The ability to inspect parts completely and accurately whether
working to blueprint specifications or according to proprietary
inspection software requirements. Education and Experience:
- At least three (3) years strong CNC programming, statistical
methods, and CAD programs.
- At least three (3) years CNC machining experience working
several machines simultaneously, either Mazak Lathes/Machining
Centers or Star Swiss Style Lathes.
- At least three (3) years' experience managing teams running
several machines simultaneously.
- Experience in mentoring and coaching Class 1 Machinists.
- Willing to work 45 hours weekly, and one (1) Saturdays per
- Experience in setting up and operating CNC Machines without
support from engineering.
- Knows tolerances and fits required on precision metal
- Experience in mentoring and coaching Machinists and Machining
- Strong commitment to detail and error-free performance
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Have a mechanical aptitude (specific to manufacturing floor
- Extremely intuitive with problem solving and resolutions
- Able to work with minimal supervision, both alone and in
- Excellent verbal skills
- Must be a company cheerleader and promote the vision and
mission of Acero. Acero Precision is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Acero Precision does not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability,
national origin, veteran status, or any basis covered by
appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of
qualifications, merit and business need. Make Our Mission Your
Keywords: Acero Precision, Wilmington , CNC Programmer - Star Swiss or Mazak, IT / Software / Systems , West Chester, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!