Director, Agile Portfolio Lead
Company: Capital One
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna,
VirginiaDirector, Agile Portfolio Lead Director, Agile Portfolio
Lead Organizational Context XP2T creates a robust development
ecosystem that unleashes our engineers to quickly deliver reliable,
secure high-quality software for our customers and provides
enterprise solutions that revolutionize digital banking. Our
products, platforms and services include the Site ( ), mobile apps,
Eno (our chatbot) and platforms for experimentation, content
management, messaging and clickstream data. We are 600 associates
on 110 teams in Northern Virginia, Richmond Virginia, New York City
and San Francisco. The Agile Portfolio Director provides Agile
Delivery Services for Technology, Product and Design executives who
share accountability for a set of products and platforms delivered
by Agile Delivery Teams. The Agile Portfolio Director typically
leads a team of 2 to 4 Agile Program Senior Managers and 8 to 12
team-level Agile Delivery Leads. The Agile Portfolio Director
reports to the Agile Services Leader for XP2T Delivery Services
- Advances Product, Tech, Design, Data Science, Business and
Operations leaderships' understanding of their respective roles
within Agile software delivery and influences organizational
- Serves as an inspirational leader who attracts and retains
talent, creates high levels of energy and motivation throughout
challenges and obstacles.
- Their values and philosophies are well understood and are
contagious in all directions organizationally, resulting in
positive influence across teams and groups.
- Builds/maintains strong relationships with product and other
stakeholders and influences adoption of Agile delivery practices
and routines (has ability to have difficult and productive
conversations and pushing back when needed). Measurably improves
- Applies complex facilitation and dependency management
techniques to drive cross-program and departmental planning,
collaboration, and coordination. Facilitates trade-off discussions
and difficult conversations.
- Leads effective program level planning routines, such as
initiative refinement and PI planning.
- Helps establish governance structures where decision-making is
weighted toward empowered teams.
- Supports issue resolution and risk mitigation, escalating to
leadership groups, as needed.
- Prioritizes impediments and risk mitigations based on impacts
across multiple stakeholders.
- Proactively seeks and confirms Agile Delivery Services customer
needs and expectations across Tech, Product, Design and enterprise
functions. Maintains a good relationship with these customers and
advocates for all of them.
- Partners with Product, Engineering and Design to proactively
identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness
of program delivery processes and then create those improvements.
- Builds a vision for Agile Delivery in their portfolio, instills
it within their leadership team and ensures it is broadly
communicated to their direct team and partners.
- Actively coaches and improves the performance of directs;
provides clear, actionable feedback on a regular basis.
- Consistently elevates new and up-and-coming talent to perform
in stretch roles, creating the next generation of leadership.
- Celebrates individual and team successes with appropriate
recognition and rewards.
- Is an active advocate for under-represented minority
communities and activities.
- Builds a culture that fosters diversity, including and
belonging and helps build and mature diverse teams. Basic
- Bachelors Degree
- At least 7 years of Project Management, Process Management, or
Software delivery experience
- At least 5 years of Agile experience
- At least 5 years of people management experience Preferred
- Masters Degree
- 10+ years of Project Management, Process Management, or
Software delivery experience
- 8+ years of Agile experience
- 7+ years of people management experience
- 3+ years of Agile coaching experience
- PMP, Lean, Agile, Six Sigma, or SAFe certification At this
time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment
authorization for this position. No agencies please. Capital One is
an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion
in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color,
age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability,
genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected
veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable
national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a
drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment
qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal
background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article
23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California
Police Code Article 49, Sections 4; New York City s Fair Chance
Act; Philadelphia s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other
applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding
criminal background inquiries.If you have visited our website in
search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a
position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital
One Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide
will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent
required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.For technical
support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please
send an email to Capital One does not provide, endorse nor
guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services,
educational tools or other information available through this
site.Capital One Financial is made up of several different
entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for
Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is
for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines
is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Keywords: Capital One, Wilmington , Director, Agile Portfolio Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Felton, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!