Posted on: January 16, 2020
Job Summary: (including but not limited to the following; other
duties may be assigned):
Under limited supervision regularly and customarily performs and/or
assists in the performance of any work required for the maintenance
and operation of the plant equipment.
* Works alone or with others as part of a team as directed.
* May be required to oversee the work of others of similar or
lesser classifications. At top step of progression, may be required
to oversee the work of contractor personnel in the absence of
* Observes, records and evaluates data; maintains and reviews
operational and maintenance reporting logs and performs other
necessary clerical work incidental to the job.
* Will be assigned outside or inside duties. Will work shift work,
scheduled work, over time or irregular hours as may be necessary or
requested to maintain continuity of service of the station or
* Ensures adequate turnover of information between shifts.
* Reads blueprints, instruction manuals, and other similar
documents as necessary for proper operation, troubleshooting,
maintenance and repair of equipment.
* Cooperates and communicates fully with all organizational
personnel. Works alone or with others as required.
* Maintain high standards of safety and housekeeping.
* Must be knowledgeable of an act upon emergency procedures during
non-routine situations to maintain personnel safety and continuity
* High School or Vocational School education.
* Must have at least two (2) years' experience in power plant
maintenance or operations, combustion turbine maintenance or the
equivalent, such as prior job experience or military training OR an
equivalent educational experience where the employee must have
completed one (I) year in an Associates' Degree Program with
courses in electricity, electronics, instrumentation ore a related
field OR three (3) courses in one of those same fields with content
satisfactory to the company in a post high school accredited
* In depth knowledge of utility or industrial facility materials
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Planning and organizing skills.
* Safety awareness and adherence to regulatory, company and site
policies and procedures.
* Decision making and problem solving skills.
* Create a climate conducive to team success. Cooperates fully with
all other members of the organization and other departments. Must
be able to deal properly with the public, vendors, contractors and
in the best interest of the company.
* Must possess a valid driver's license at all times.
* Must be able to pass qualification tests prior to the Company
awarding the position.
* Must be able to talk, walk, stand, sit, stoop, reach above
shoulder, climb, and crawl, do heavy lifting, and must be able to
* Must possess or obtain within six months valid TWIC
* Must pass back x-ray, hernia, hearing exam and like employment
* Training and progression testing will be administered as
identified and developed. Failure to pass progression testing at
any point will require remaining at the existing step of salary
progression, with the employee eligible for retesting within the
next six (6) months. Failure to pass any progression test a second
time or complete required courses on schedule will result in the
employee being discharged.
* Maintain high standards of safety, environmental compliance and
housekeeping at all times.
* Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected
Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
* Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and
providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical
and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for
employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use
our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with
your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on
requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided
by OFCCP, please visit
Keywords: Calpine, Wilmington , Maintenance Operator, Other , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!