Operations Support (2nd Shift)
Posted on: November 19, 2020
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the
quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied
market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services,
consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers
to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what
they do best: improve the world around us. Information about
Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Want to bring your skills and experience to work in a progressive,
dynamic environment? This is your opportunity. You'll join the team
in Process/Production, setting up and operating fabrication
processes and equipment, fabricating, assembling and testing
assemblies and products.
At the Agilent site located in Wilmington, Delaware we manufacture
the world-wide supply of Agilent Gas Chromatograph Mass
spectrometers. We are a customer focused organization with emphasis
on reliable delivery and product quality. We value continuous
improvement and embrace lean manufacturing methodologies and ISO
certification for all our processes. Building, testing, packaging
and shipment of all GCMS products each month is exciting and
challenging, so we are looking for a highly effective individual
who has proven teamwork abilities for a role in production at this
- Responsible for performing a variety of duties within a
- Duties may be related to production, material processes,
manufacturing process support, equipment setup and/or operation,
test and repair, and quality inspection, including provision of
training and related documentation to other Manufacturing
- Using standard/non-standard procedures in the assembly and
operation of equipment to test and troubleshoot highly technical
- Perform electronic, mechanical, chemical testing, diagnosis,
and repairs of failures including interpretation and documentation
of results and conformance to product specifications.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities:
- Operates equipment or production processes in assembly, or
follows techniques and operations in the fabrication, assembly and
testing of sub-assemblies or final products. Testing may include
troubleshooting and functional understanding of the subassemblies
- Perform routine production line tasks defined by the work area
using hand tools and/or operating equipment according to documented
procedures and quality standards: nonconforming material/product,
equipment calibration, ESD precautions, etc.
- Monitor & verify quality of each production operation using
visual inspection, basic measurement devices, and automated test
equipment. Provide feedback on defects and/or quality to production
operators and engineering.
- Performs routine tests of circuits, components, instruments and
assemblies, including interpretation and documentation of results
(e.g., graphs, charts), and non-technical repair.
- Track materials, account for scrap, and monitors processes
against control parameters. Includes inventory management in the
- Support team members in achieving the production line
objectives and goals through effective teamwork. This includes
providing constructive feedback to peers.
- Maintain flexibility and receptiveness to change in daily
routine. Open to and capable of completing a variety of tasks in
the work area that require standing, lifting, and walking.
(Mobility on the manufacturing floor).
- Understand the process flow and lean manufacturing
- Understand and follow the Quality system requirements.
This will be a 2nd shift position. Shift will be an 8 hour shift
with a start time between 2:00pm - 5:00pm and a 30-minute lunch
Keywords: Agilent, Wilmington , Operations Support (2nd Shift), Other , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!