Operations Support (2nd Shift)
Company: Agilent Technologies
Posted on: November 20, 2020
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the
quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied
market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services,
consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers
to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what
they do best: improve the world around us. Information about
Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Want to bring your skills and experience to work in a progressive,
dynamic environment? This is your opportunity. You'll join the team
in Process/Production, setting up and operating fabrication
processes and equipment, fabricating, assembling and testing
assemblies and products.
At the Agilent site located in Wilmington, Delaware we manufacture
the world-wide supply of Agilent Gas Chromatograph Mass
spectrometers. We are a customer focused organization with emphasis
on reliable delivery and product quality. We value continuous
improvement and embrace lean manufacturing methodologies and ISO
certification for all our processes. Building, testing, packaging
and shipment of all GCMS products each month is exciting and
challenging, so we are looking for a highly effective individual
who has proven teamwork abilities for a role in production at this
* Responsible for performing a variety of duties within a
* Duties may be related to production, material processes,
manufacturing process support, equipment setup and/or operation,
test and repair, and quality inspection, including provision of
training and related documentation to other Manufacturing
* Using standard/non-standard procedures in the assembly and
operation of equipment to test and troubleshoot highly technical
* Perform electronic, mechanical, chemical testing, diagnosis, and
repairs of failures including interpretation and documentation of
results and conformance to product specifications.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities:
* Operates equipment or production processes in assembly, or
follows techniques and operations in the fabrication, assembly and
testing of sub-assemblies or final products. Testing may include
troubleshooting and functional understanding of the subassemblies
* Perform routine production line tasks defined by the work area
using hand tools and/or operating equipment according to documented
procedures and quality standards: nonconforming material/product,
equipment calibration, ESD precautions, etc.
* Monitor & verify quality of each production operation using
visual inspection, basic measurement devices, and automated test
equipment. Provide feedback on defects and/or quality to production
operators and engineering.
* Performs routine tests of circuits, components, instruments and
assemblies, including interpretation and documentation of results
(e.g., graphs, charts), and non-technical repair.
* Track materials, account for scrap, and monitors processes
against control parameters. Includes inventory management in the
* Support team members in achieving the production line objectives
and goals through effective teamwork. This includes providing
constructive feedback to peers.
* Maintain flexibility and receptiveness to change in daily
routine. Open to and capable of completing a variety of tasks in
the work area that require standing, lifting, and walking.
(Mobility on the manufacturing floor).
* Understand the process flow and lean manufacturing concepts.
* Understand and follow the Quality system requirements.
This will be a 2nd shift position. Shift will be an 8 hour shift
with a start time between 2:00pm - 5:00pm and a 30-minute lunch
* Ability to assemble small parts: high level of manual
* Communication skills: demonstrated ability to give/receive oral
or written information clearly.
* Teamwork: demonstrated ability to work with others to create and
accomplish a common goal.
* Flexibility: demonstrated ability to adjust rapidly and
effectively to change and remain open to new ideas.
* Quality system orientation: demonstrated use of tools, methods
and processes to ensure that own/others' work meet quality
* Responsibility/ownership: demonstrated willingness to take
responsibility for resolving problems, personally championing new
ideas or solutions to these problems.
* General computer literacy: effective use of computer applications
to perform work or testing.
* No known allergies to industrial chemicals used in the work area;
may be required to participate in medical training/screening or
* Ability to routinely lift 40 pounds.
* Demonstrated ability to bend, reach, stoop, and remain standing
for extended periods of time (Up to 6-8 hours per day).
* Available to work 8-hour shift with start time between
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All
individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged
to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or
religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic
partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran
status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by
federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be
discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the
workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If
you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the
application or interview process or have questions about workplace
accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email
email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual
For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Agilent Technologies, Wilmington , Operations Support (2nd Shift), Other , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!