Kelly Services is searching for a Pilot Plant
Operator to join the team of a Fortune 500 chemical company
in Wilmington, DE.
This is a long-term contract (12+ month), and pay for this role
will be $20 - $26/hour depending on background and
This role will work on the DuPont 12-hour rotating shift
The Pilot Plant Technician will provide support to the operation
of the R&D Pilot Plant. The incumbent will work directly with
engineers, scientists, leaders, and other technicians to ensure
safe and proficient operation of the pilot plants to deliver
product samples and process information as requested in the planned
experiments. This is a rotating 12-hr shift position
Responsibilities / Duties
• Complete all required operations certification tests in
preparation of Training Review Board (TRB)
• Must adhere to facility Procedure Use Policy (PUP) for
• Works within strict guidelines and a defined area to ensure
safe and efficient operation of assigned plant areas.
• Operates and field checks process equipment, and monitors
process conditions, equipment, and control systems in a defined
• Performs tasks assigned to operations as per Master Task List
(e.g. Field checks, equipment preparation, samples, etc.).
• Develop basic trouble shooting skills to resolve process
related deviations and problems.
• Develop skills to perform process equipment troubleshooting,
minor repairs, improvements and preventative maintenance.
• 12 hour Rotating shift work is required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel,
and can learn new systems quickly.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
Must be able to do the following with or without a reasonable
• Must be willing and able to work in such environments wearing
safety equipment, such as earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed
• Must be willing and able to use respirators.
• Must be willing and able to work in such environments with
frequent bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Must be willing and able to climb stairs/ladders and working
high off the ground.
• Must be willing and able to stand or walk for extended periods
Education and experience desired
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
• An Associate degree in Process Technology or similar is a
• 2 or more years of experience within chemical, manufacturing,
oil/gas or industrial environment preferred.
Why Kelly ® ?
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career
and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your
potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We
know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the
nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means
getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take
your career where you may have never imagined.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly , we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising
job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential.
In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we
do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of
workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a
diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities,
females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The