Senior Solutions Architect-SW
Company: West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Working at West means having an opportunity to work by the side
of our patients and customers, our global team members and the
communities in which we operate - which all help contribute to a
Healthier World. At West, we are by the side of patients. The work
we do impacts patients' lives each and every day - our products are
a critical part of healthcare delivery and we are proud of the role
we play to improve patient health. We work by the side of our team
members. We come together as one global team to deliver for our
customers and help them address their challenges. We are a diverse,
close-knit community of professionals, where everyone has a voice
and opportunity to learn and grow through mutual trust and respect.
With a 95 year plus history, we have a track record for success,
which includes reported sales of $1.84B in 2019. We serve by the
side of our community. Giving back is in our DNA-our team members
across more than 50 sites globally are involved with hundreds of
charities that have special meaning to them through our West
Without Borders team member-led giving program. Job Summary: The
Senior Solution Architect, R&D, Software works independently
and has expert level capabilities and knowledge. Oversees and
designs new capabilities at the intersection of digital and
physical with the mindset of innovate, execute, and grow. Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses deep understanding of the complete product cycle of
software design from requirements, block diagrams, simulation,
tools selection, coding, validation of modules / product, test
report, risk analysis and mitigation strategy.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience to perform integration
testing using various lab equipment.
- Shows good thought leadership in designing embedded system
software, associated data acquisition and processing devices on SOC
(system of a chip) architecture.
- Serves as a consultant and expert for data communication,
kernel and application layers.
- Trains and supports team members to enable their capabilities
and accomplish the department's priorities.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with the team and
business to ensure collaboration and alignment within and outside
of the department.
- Using knowledge and expertise, solves unique and complex
issues, recommends architecture and processes, recommends changes
to existing architecture and processes.
- Helps drive agile and DevOps culture of implementation and
product management culture.
- Other duties as assigned Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with specialization in
Electrical or Computer Science
- 5+ years of related work experience Knowledge, Skills and
- Extensive hands on experience with development of Embedded C
code on a Chip (SOC) boards, designing solutions and building
- Experience with Open source development platforms (e.g.
- Strong knowledge of programing using SDK for various SOC boards
in the market
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, UART, SPI, I2C, CAN and USB etc.
with excellent debugging skills
- Ability to work in a virtual environment in a global
organization and to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced & complex
environment with a self-motivated work ethic; utilize sound
judgment with an ability to manage multiple priorities with a sense
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment in making
decisions and resolving complex problems related to general &
technical aspects of the job. Decisions made with in-depth
understanding and interpretation of procedures, policies and
business practices to achieve results.
- Able to comply with the company's safety policy at all
- Able to comply with the company's quality policy at all times.
Physical and Travel Requirements
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally up
- Ability to effectively communicate and comprehend complex ideas
- Use written and oral communication skills.--
- Read and interpret data, information and documents.--
- Must maintain the ability to work well with others in a variety
of situations.--Strong ability to build and maintain solid work
- Must be able to multi-task, work under time constraints,
problem solve, and prioritize.--
- Ability to make independent and sound judgments.--
- Observe and interpret situations, analyze and solve problems.--
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status. If you have a disability or special need that requires
accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com
. Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West
Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate
companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of
background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.
Keywords: West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc, Wilmington , Senior Solutions Architect-SW, Other , Exton, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!