Patient Services Coordinator - Non Clinical
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In home health, you'll be a true advocate engaging patients
throughout their coordinated health care journey all while
maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
Directly responsible for scheduling the home visits for the field
staff and assisting with the coordination of patient care. Works
under the direction of the Clinical Manager to ensure the proper
utilization of clinical resources to maximize care center capacity
and utilization guidelines. Responsible for scheduling and
communicating with field staff, patients and clinical manager
regarding scheduling of patient services.
- Ensures patient assessment visits including all Oasis visits
are scheduled and performed timely.
- Prepares weekly clinician schedules. Reviews clinician
schedules daily or more frequently as needed to determine capacity
opportunities and ensure productivity standards are being met.
- Ensures clinicians are assigned and scheduled in most efficient
geography, maximizing clinician efficiency, utilizing the lowest
possible discipline, matching skill with required care, and
optimizing clinician capacity.
- Ensures missed visits are scheduled by the end of the current
week or referred to the Clinical Manager for resolution.
- Works collaboratively with field clinicians to ensure all
patient visits are scheduled and completed as ordered and within
the care center.
- Manages calls from patients and field staff related to
scheduling issues. Refers clinical and performance related issues
to the Clinical Manager.
- Monitors hospitalized patients, communicating and ensuring the
team follows up as necessary.
- Completes requested schedules ensuring all orders and services
(e.g. lab draw, supervisory visits, addon visits or disciplines
etc.) are included as required.
- Supports Clinical Manager and works collaboratively to ensure
timely communication with patients, clinicians, referral sources,
BD team and other office personnel.
- Runs all applicable reports and responds to work flow taking
- Assists with internal or external transfer of patients between
care centers and/or Hospice services.
- May be responsible for maintaining supply closet with routine
supplies, ensuring supplies are within expiration dates and
packaged appropriately, and serve as liaison with the field for
patient supply needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One (1+) year of scheduling experience in a healthcare
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Wilmington , Patient Services Coordinator - Non Clinical, Other , Georgetown, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!