About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10
largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers
with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking
products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations
throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas
and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer
customized private banking and wealth management services through
TD Wealth, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services
through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill,
N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook
at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank
Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto,
Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The
Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock
exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit
The Head of Credit Management for Target Portfolio is
responsible for managing the oversight and coordination of all
Credit Risk activities for one of our premier credit card
partnerships. This will include but not limited to leading the
assessment and validation of new account acquisitions and existing
customer management credit strategies with the goal of continual
enhancement by optimizing risk /reward opportunities while managing
the overall portfolio within Risk appetite. This role reports
within the US Credit Card and Unsecured Lending first line Credit
Management group and interfaces with various internal and external
stakeholders such as Partner, Line of Business, Retail Risk,
Legal/Compliance, Regulators, Model Management, etc. regarding all
Credit Risk related matters.
- Mentors and supervises credit risk analysts, provides
leadership direction and answering questions as needed. Provides
guidance and assists staff with most complex aspects of work as
- Resolves escalated issues and problems by conferring with
senior management, staff in other internal departments, outside
contacts and others as necessary.
- Oversees retail credit acquisition and portfolio analysis in
support of financial, regulatory and risk management
- Performs a leadership role in managing the US Allowance for
Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL) for the Retail Credit Portfolios.
- Participates in and supports several decision-making committees
for the retail credit and portfolio management approaches.
- Exercises independent judgment by displaying and reaching
conclusions on the most complex portfolio issues as well as assumes
accountability for high quality recommendations regarding the
- Quantifies and analyzes risk exposure characteristics for
retail credit portfolios.
- Researches, evaluates and develops credit policy for acquiring
a portfolio that is within the TD Enterprise Risk Appetite and
meets the business objectives and targets.
- Researches, evaluates, develops, tests and applies quantitative
models and methodologies for analyzing risk exposures, acquisition
and collection strategies.
- Performs independent analytical initiatives including portfolio
modeling, Stress Testing and migration analysis. Works with TDBFG
Analysts to determine and validate key Probability of Default (PD),
Loss Given Default (LGD), and Exposure at Default (EAD) factors
that are critical to internal Allowance for Loan and Lease Loss
- Prepares and delivers management reporting necessary to ensure
accurate and thorough measurement of risk factors present in retail
- Develops and documents systems/tools to automate calculations
used in determining risk exposures.
- Develops and implements statistical models and tools to
- Researches and recommends standards for internal/external
systems used to calculate and measure risk exposures.
- Recommends credit policy and underwriting standard
modifications where warranted. Measures and monitors the
organization's credit risk exposure and provides guidance in
portfolio review and strategy.
- Establishes oversight of business lines compliance/risk
controls and periodically evaluate risk mitigation efforts to make
adjustments as risk/department influences change. Ensures TD Bank
maintains successful audits and exams within all areas.
- Ensures effective compliance with all job-relevant State and
Federal regulations, including, but not limited to Employee
policies, procedures, CRA EEO/ AA, as well as with all job relevant
Risk Management and Corporate standards.
- Manages complex analytical initiatives and interacts with TDBFG
Analysts, Finance, Credit, Sales, Marketing and Retail Lending
lines of businesses.
- Provides leadership, support, and guidance to Senior
Management, Credit Analysts, Finance, Credit, Small Business, and
Retail Lending Lines of Business.
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards
applicable to the position.
Bachelors degree required; Graduate degree preferred
10+ Years of related experience
Significant experience required in Credit Risk Management and
Strong quantitative and statistical skills to determine sound,
defensible approaches to forecasts and analyses
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Experience in change management related to the adoption of new
Extensive experience in organizing and presenting credit
portfolio results and allowance requirements to Senior Management
Committees, External Analysts, Auditors, Regulators, and Board of
Industry analysis and presentation experience
- Experience with the use of Relational Databases and the process
of Extract Transform Load (ETL) using common languages such as SQL
- Data modeling and risk management either from a business
administration, statistical, mathematical, scientific or financial
Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards
applicable to the position.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible
environment, where all employees and customers feel valued,
respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce
that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in
which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every
employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an
accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD
Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com .
Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the
accommodation needed to assist you with the application
Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.