Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the
Full Time Biometrics Technician
As a Biometrics Technician (BT), you will be responsible for
supporting the mission of a government program located in Dover,
DE. This position works as a part of a dynamic team of
professionals assisting the United States Citizenship and
Immigration (USCIS) Application Support Center (ASC) operations.
This position is a full time team member.
- This position will require the ability to obtain and maintain a
government issued security clearance
- PAE provides all required job training for qualified
Primary Responsibilities are:
Complete biometrics registration for applicants seeking legal
immigration to the United States.
Ensure all who enter the ASC are approved applicants and
visitors while providing both interior and exterior crowd control
and assisting the staff in enforcing the rules and policies of the
- Provide front-line customer service as representatives of PAE
and on behalf of the United States Government.
- FULL-TIME employees are expected to be work Monday
through Friday from 7:45am to 4:15pm or eight hours a day as
opening and closing times may vary. Employees are regularly
scheduled for 40 hours a week but can be altered depending on
applicant volume and site needs.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
It is expected that providing applicants with the highest level
of customer service is primary in all responsibilities. This
position must be able to work with the public, display a cheerful
and inviting demeanor, smile, manage the applicants with
sensitivity, courtesy and ensuring the applicant is treated with
respect as a customer of the USCIS ASC.
Further, personnel must safeguard all areas where Personal
Identifiable Information (PII) is vulnerable such as applicant's
paperwork and identifications, electronic biometric data and
- Perform quality biometrics processing to include capturing
electronic fingerprints, photographs, and signatures within
established program-wide processing times.
- Screen applicants entering the facility to ensure they have a
valid appointment notice and identification allowing their entry
into the ASC.
- Utilize crowd control barriers (stanchions or rails) to ensure
a safe and organized entry into the facility.
- Visually inspect applicants and their belongings prior to
allowing entry into the facility. During national pandemics or
other health crisis, applicants may be asked questions about their
status of illness and may be declined entry to the ASC per customer
- Conducting periodic facility checks (both interior and
exterior) reporting any concerns to the Site Supervisor to
- Assist the Site Supervisor and/or government Immigration
Service Officer in calling local law enforcement or first
responders when necessary.
- Manage and complete with accuracy administrative paperwork such
as tracking processing time for applicants, reconciliation
paperwork of biometrics captured, assisting in maintaining a
visitor control log for non-applicants entering the facility,
signing off on facility checks and other administrative duties as
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government issued
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to speak and write in English.
- Ability to stand upright on one's feet for scheduled shift
duration, excluding meals and breaks.
- Ability to hold and grasp applicant's hands to obtain quality
- Ability to work in a high paced environment with the
- Ability to type and use basic computer skills.
- Successful completion of the biometrics training and become
certified within sixty days.
- Ability to speak a foreign language.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring
practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United
States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation,
marital status, family structure, medical condition including
genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental
or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the
job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or
any other protected category under federal, state, or local
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement