District Sales Representative
Company: Chesapeake Utilities Corporation
Posted on: June 11, 2021
The following Career Opportunity is currently available within
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation.
Position: District Sales Representative
Location: Dover DE and Newark DE Area
Responsible for exhibiting Chesapeake Utilities Corporation's
Mission, Vision and Values, regarding external customers, agencies,
vendors, internal departments and co-workers. This role will assist
customers with commercial and residential propane sales inquiries
in an efficient and courteous manner either by telephone or in
person. It will also monitor sales functions and makes cold calls
to potential commercial customers on a regular basis, and perform
other duties as assigned and assist with customer sales related
activities for the District office. Maintain good customer
relations and ensure that company and departmental procedures are
followed. Keep abreast of any changes in documentation
requirements, propane price changes and additional tasks as
assigned by the District Manager. Ensure consistent retail propane
growth in customer count, propane volumes and appliance
installations at the District level.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Work closely with District Manager and establish annual
Commercial propane sales goals.
- In conjunction with the yearly District budget develop goals
for new commercial accounts, propane sales and appliance sales
- Measure and evaluate progress each month with the District
- Process all incoming sales leads
- Visit prospective commercial propane leads to initiate sales
and complete all necessary paperwork in a timely fashion
- Coordinate all new tank and appliance installations with the
service department, office staff and subcontractors
- Follow up each new installation and verify satisfaction with
- Assist customers with sales
- Prepare sales documents for processing
- Respond to customer inquiries in a friendly, courteous and
- Verify information on sales documents is correct and
- Receive and transmit information to and from service,
installation and delivery personnel.
- Enter any changes on customer's accounts:
- Keep abreast of all rate changes and ensure proper billing
- Interprets, monitors and implements company policies, as they
pertain to residential sales.
- Evaluate requirements for personnel, materials, supplies as
they relate to sales and make recommendations to the District
Manager or Customer Service Manager.
- Develop resources for new sales leads such as permit offices,
builders and contractors
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with commercial
builders, contractors, real estate and other firms to ensure
consistent incoming sales leads.
- Visit existing customers to advise of on-going sales or
- Makes residential cold calls each day
- Stock suggested appliances and promotional items.
- Keep all appliance prices up to date
- Join and attend regularly at least one civic organization
- Assist in setting up and manning company programs or trade
shows set by Sharp Energy
- Follow up all sales leads from promotions and/or trade
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
Requiresa total commitment to Chesapeake Utilities Corporation's
Mission, Vision and Values and:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One to Three Years of related experience
- PC experience mandatory
- Excellent customer contact skills. Collection techniques.
Strong organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and experience in computer processing helpful.
Working knowledge of basic office equipment/machines. General
understanding of office procedures and good public relation skills.
Working knowledge of administrative supplies. Operation of at least
PC programs (Excel, MicroSoft Word) Public speaking ability.
- Ability to create, customize and apply intermediate Microsoft
Word and Excel skills to many variable spreadsheets and office
documentation. Intermediate Windows skills required to navigate,
store and apply filed folder management, and general software
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
organization. Must have good telephone communication skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level
in the work environment is usually moderate.
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation is an equal opportunity
employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all
qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with
a disability that need assistance applying for a position may email
firstname.lastname@example.org or Ruth Warner, Director, Human Resources
Operations at email@example.com.
Keywords: Chesapeake Utilities Corporation, Wilmington , District Sales Representative, Other , Dover, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!