Nurse Fellowship | HomeHealth
Company: Christiana Care Health System
Posted on: June 12, 2021
If you are a nurse, and you are compassionate/autonomous/loving
ChristianaCare HomeHealth is the place for you! ChristianaCare's
Newark and Wilmington Campuses, Ambulatory Care, and HomeHealth are
Magnet designated. With over 1,100 beds and a robust HomeHealth
department we are well positioned to serve the healthcare needs of
our community. Please see our video, by clicking this link, for a
glimpse of what it means to work in home care with ChristianaCare:
ChristianaCare HomeHealth is seeking Full Time RN's to join our
Nurse Fellowship! This 24 week HomeHealth Fellowship program will
begin 09/20/2021 and provides a comprehensive, structured
combination of didactic and clinical experiences that will equip
new HomeHealth nurses with the knowledge and tools to become
successful in this specialty area. This blended learning program is
focused on the Home Care environment while incorporating a
foundation of nursing clinical skills and the nursing process for
home health care. Clinical experiences include chronic disease
management for adult patients, post-op care, IV infusion
management, wound/ostomy, tracheostomy, drains/tubes, central
venous catheters, urinary catheters, and other continuing education
opportunities. If you are interested in developing this skills, in
working autonomously, and you possess less than one year of acute
care nursing experience within the last 5 years this is the
opportunity for you! (Recent RN graduates will not be
Duties and Responsibilities following completion of the
- Give skilled nursing care and prescribed treatment to geriatric
patients in the community.
- Care for Oncology patients.
- Develop and implement care plans, which are goal oriented and
patient centered and consistent with available resources.
- Develop plan for discharge of patients.
- Must possess a current DE RN license, or compact state
- 1 year of RN experience; less than 1 year of acute care nursing
experience in the last 5 years.
- Willing to become IV proficient, and perform IV functions.
- BSN required; ADN candidates are required to obtain their
Bachelors of Science, Nursing Degree (BSN) within three (3) years
of their start date as outlined in the Education Agreement required
to be signed as a condition of employment.
- Must be able to attend orientation Monday through Friday for 24
ChristianaCare HomeHealth Offers:
- Time to spend treating your patients.
- Laptop and documentation training tailored to your
- Promote & recognize professional development and specialty
- Medical benefits to start on your first day of employment.
- Tuition assistance.
- Generous paid time off.
Post End Date
Jul 31, 2021
EEO Posting Statement
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer,
firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is
reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for
open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender
identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy,
citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under
applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Christiana Care Health System, Wilmington , Nurse Fellowship | HomeHealth, Other , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!