Company: Auto Plus Pep Boys
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Auto Plus is a major U.S.-based distributor of automotive
aftermarket parts. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been one of the
nation's leading automotive aftermarket chains with over 7,500
service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico.
Together, the united organization, Auto Plus Pep Boys, has over
21,000 associates in more than 20 distribution centers and over
1,000 corporate locations. In addition, the company supports more
than 530 independently-owned stores and over 2,400
independently-owned service centers across the nation. Auto Plus
Pep Boys is owned by Icahn Enterprises L.P. ("Icahn Enterprises";
Responsible for the efficient diagnosis, repair, and preventive
maintenance of vehicles along with replacement of general
automotive parts and accessories. Partner with store management and
the desk team to deliver superior service and education to
customers on problems and proposed solutions for their
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure a thorough safety and mechanical vehicle inspection is
completed and documented in the work order system for every car
assigned to him/her that comes into the shop. Ability to
communicate repairs that are necessary for the safety and
operational efficiency of the vehicle to customers and management.
Recommends additional repairs and services pertaining to scheduled
maintenance, vehicle enhancements, and/or upgrades as appropriate.
Adheres to MAP (UICS) standards.
- Conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs; including but
not limited to brakes, all tire related services, including
mounting, balancing, and flat repairs, state safety and emissions
testing (where required), fluid changes, steering and suspension,
maintenance services, starting and charging. Responsible for
securing vehicle during repairs and after repairs are
- Maintain technical capabilities to ensure proficient, safe use
of service equipment. Interprets and applies technical instructions
in diagram and text form.
- Maintain company directed productivity, training development
plan, and comeback performance levels.
- Approachable and knowledgeable resource regarding technical
matters related to installation and proper application of parts and
accessories, while also providing accurate and effective direction,
advice and assistance to service advisors, other technicians,
commercial, retail and parts associates, management, and
- Partner with Management to produce a safe and healthy work
environment that complies with all local, state, and federal laws,
as well as with company policies and procedures. Expected to comply
with loss prevention, safety, and environmental codes and
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Valid Driver's License.
- Successful completion of Background and Drug tests.
- Minimum six months of related experience in the automotive
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical
concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division,
percentages, and fractions. Ability to apply mathematical formulas
to calculate commissions and discounts.
- ASEs preferred; ASE G1-Auto Maintenance and Light Repair
strongly preferred; state certifications/licenses where
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work Days, Nights, Holidays and Weekends.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The characteristics described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies
up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, squatting,
bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Possesses fine motor skills to safely operate tools.
- Climb up and down ladders to retrieve merchandise.
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Auto Plus Pep Boys, Wilmington , Mechanic, Other , Lionville, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!