TECHNICIAN I, PATIENT CARE (Laboratory)
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The Patient Care Technician 1 (PCT I) in the Laboratory is
responsible for a wide variety of technical and clerical
procedures. PCT I has frequent direct patient contact when
performing phlebotomy, specimen collection and specimen transport.
Utilizes computers for patients specimen ordering, accessioning and
general data entry.
Must be a current student or graduate from a technical program
for phlebotomy, EKG, medical assistant, patient care technician, or
Certified Nursing Assistant. Will also accept current Medical
Laboratory Technologist (MLT) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS)
student or 5 years of phlebotomy experience. Must have training in
Phlebotomy. Must have basic computer skills including Word and
Special Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- Ability to fully concentrate on task at hand for extended
periods of time.
- Strong learning and memory skills; ability to process verbal
- Ability to collect data, problem solve, establish facts, and
- Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency
or critical situations.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties and multi-task, without
loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to clearly communicate, present ideas, facts, and
- Ability to maintain interpersonal relationships, facilitating
task accomplishments, cooperating, and resolving conflicts,
recognizing needs and being sensitive to others.
- Must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking
Keywords: Bayhealth, Wilmington , TECHNICIAN I, PATIENT CARE (Laboratory), Other , Dover, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!