Maison Dieu Veterinary Centre is a caring and friendly small
animal practice dedicated to providing great animal care. We are an
RCVS accredited small animal practice with two branches, four
expert vets and a team of fully qualified nurses. We are also a
devoted training practice who helps students to develop and reach
their full potential.
Calling all New Graduate Vets!
Here at Maison Dieu our RCVS accredited GP Surgery based in Kent
is currently looking for a motivated, enthusiastic new graduate
veterinary surgeon to join our team. Our practices have fantastic
facilities, including a full in-house laboratory, modern x-ray and
modern ultrasound. You will be working between our Deal and Dover
practices, just over an hour from Central London. This position is
full time with a 1 in 4 Saturday rota and you will have a
supportive team that will give you dedicated mentoring time. As our
New Graduate Vet you will be automatically enrolled onto our New
Graduate Programme starting in August 2021.
CVS New Graduate Summer Camp 2021
We are extremely proud to be able to offer the CVS Graduate
Programme which has supported over 500 brilliant graduates via the
programme since 2015. We are always learning and working hard to
constantly evolve the programme each year - in order to provide you
with the best support and opportunity for your first years in
practice. We are confident that 2021 will be even better, read on
to find out more
At CVS, with people are at the heart of our strategy, we
endeavour to provide our colleagues with the best possible
experience and provide them with all the support they will need to
not only cope but to thrive in their roles. To put a positive spin
on 2021 and help make up for these unprecedented difficult times,
we have decided to enhance our already wonderful New Graduate
Programme by adding on an initial, paid for, all singing and
dancing 3 week New Graduate Summer Camp, that our new recruits will
attend before they go into practice.
The 3-week Summer Camp will comprise a two-week residential
training programme supported by one week of applied online
learning, delivered through Knowledge Hub, our fantastic virtual
The Summer Camp will:
- Enable us to meet our new graduates in person so that we can
welcome you to CVS
- Allow our new grads to practice key day-one skills and re-visit
- Bring graduates together so they get to know colleagues and
have a peer-support network right from the start
- Provide you with the opportunity to learn about CVS and how our
We want to make the transition into working as a fully-fledged
vet as smooth as possible and for our new grads to enjoy their job
from day 1.
This is what some of our vets on the CVS Graduate Programme
"Throughout my first year as a new graduate on the CVS Graduate
Scheme I have felt very supported both in my practice and
externally through being a part of CVS. The practical CPD we get to
do is definitely my favourite part as it also provides an
opportunity to network with other fellow graduates while covering
some essential topics for first opinion practice. I would highly
recommend the programme to any new graduate as it provides a
supported and structured start into your veterinary career."
"My favourite part of working as a new graduate vet for CVS are
the opportunities offered by such a large cooperation. The
experience and possibilities are great when you are trying to find
your own path according to your passion. The CPD offered is also
invaluable and there is a great support network."
These are just some of the benefits of joining us:
- 3 paid weeks for summer camp before starting in practice
- Salary of 31,000 which increases to 33,500 at the end of year 1
and 36,500 at the end of year 2
- No financial tie-in beyond completion of the programme.
- Professional memberships (RCVS & VDS).
- Up to 7 weeks annual leave with our Buy & Sell holiday scheme,
plus bank holidays.
- 10 CPD days a year covering both clinical and non-clinical
skills and tailored to your clinical role, whether it be dedicated
small animal, farm animal or mixed practice.
- A committed and trained clinical buddy working alongside you in
practice, with regular meetings to support your transition from
student to qualified vet.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Discounted pet treatments.
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 365 days a year helpline to
support you and your immediate family when you need it the
- Discounted UK gym membership with Gym Flex.
- Performance bonus scheme.
- Opportunity to enrol onto the country's first Advanced Clinical
Practitioner (Veterinary) degree programme in conjunction with
Nottingham Vet School - providing you with both a masters
qualification and certAVP
- Internal transfers - with a network of over 500 practices we
can support you should you need to relocate
- Recommend a Friend: Financial bonus up to 1000!
This is what to do now
To take your first steps onto the CVS Graduate Programme and
joining our team at Maison Dieu , please select 'apply now
New Graduate Vet / Small Animal Vet / Veterinary Surgeon / Vet /
- New Graduate Veterinary Surgeon - Job Description.pdf (344.94
- Veterinary Surgeon - Job Description.pdf (344.56 KB)