Environmental Specialist/Investigator II
Company: 22nd Century Technologies
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Updated job description below:
Environmental HEALTH Specialist/LEAD HAZARD CONTROL
We are currently seeking a specialist to provide lead paint
hazard control construction inspection services in Delaware for the
Lead Poisoning Prevention Program.
The Lead Inspector is responsible for performing lead paint
hazard control construction inspections to make sure contractors or
landlords renovating older homes of lead paint hazards are in
compliance with Delaware's Lead Hazard Control regulations. These
regulations include the Lead Hazard Control Act and the Renovation,
Repair and Paint Act.
- College graduate
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer software
- Possess interpersonal, organizational and communication
- Experience in creating written reports and documentation.
- Ability to coordinate and/or monitor activities and
- Valid driver's license & a safe driving history. A state-owned
vehicle will be provided for any work-related travel.
Previous experience as a Lead Inspector is not required.
Professional training to become a licensed Lead Risk Assessor will
be provided and paid for by the State for the person hired for this
Previous experience in one of the following is preferred:
- Environmental Health Specialist
- Construction/Environmental Inspector
- Building inspector
- Construction Supervisor
- Safety Officer/Safety Inspector
- Quality Control Inspector (manufacturer)
- Regulatory Compliance Officer
Old job description
Once hired, the Environmental Specialist will receive Delaware
and EPA certification training as a Lead Inspector and a Lead Risk
Assessor. This training will be paid for by the Lead Poisoning
Prevention Program and provide information about lead-based paint
risk assessments; lead screening services; how to determine the
severity of lead hazards; developing options for eliminating those
hazards; and inspection and sampling methods including X-ray
- Responsible for the investigation of lead hazard control
violations by contractors and landlords throughout the State,
reporting to the Administrator of the Lead Poisoning Prevention
Program. On-site investigations will be conducted by the
Environmental Specialist to determine the existence, nature,
severity, and location of lead-based paint hazards.
- Investigations include contacting landlords and homeowners to
review the results of a lead risk assessment to assure compliance
with Delaware's Lead Paint Hazard Control regulations when
repairing homes that have lead paint hazards.
- Assist other Program staff with outreach efforts targeting
landlords and contractors in order to raise awareness among the
regulated community of the dangers of childhood lead poisoning and
the Delaware lead hazard control regulations that require the
hiring lead-safe certified contractors to repair older homes of
lead paint hazards.
Keywords: 22nd Century Technologies, Wilmington , Environmental Specialist/Investigator II, Other , Dover, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!