Quality & Food Safety Auditor
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Quality & Food Safety Auditor supports the Quality and Food
Safety department in the analysis of quality processes & output
related to Chiquita products Pineapples and Bananas. The Banana and
Pineapple auditor analyzes the quality of the fruit, some
processes, systems, and product information and identifies
potential improvements in addition to providing business related
information to the respective Chiquita businesses. This job manages
the inspection of the bananas, looking for characteristics that can
create an impact (positive or negative) on our customers/consumers.
For example: temperature, appearance, size, weight, and so on.
This is an exempt position within the Quality Assurance
Department responsible for quality control. The Primary duty of
this role is office/non-manual work directly related to management
or general business operations of the employer or the employer's
customers. This role includes discretion and independent judgement
in matters of significance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for conducting a regular set of quality inspections
to the fruit at arrival to our Chiquita DC and/or customer's
- Makes independent decisions continuously on the quality of the
commodity, audits commodity lifecycle, decides what loads, farms,
or source countries for purchases and makes recommendations. Based
on results, he/she can either reject or accept the load.
- Provides immediate feedback to the Quality Division or Sourcing
and Sales Department, as well as others in the Supply Chain
regarding fruit quality and its condition. This will allow for
immediate corrective action where necessary and to avoid customer
issues by making decisions about the product.
- Responsible for accuracy of statistical data collected and
communicated and for periodically calibrating with other Quality
auditors/coordinators/inspectors to ensure accuracy of inspections.
These inspections bring the right opportunity to educate our
customers & consumers about our fruit, its requirements and
condition, how to recognize defects & determine how serious they
are, and lastly, how to perform inspections on the fruit.
- Maintains timely information updates and reports to respective
- Manages quality information tools for the analysis of product,
transportation and/or other parameters that could impact product or
- Tracks, follows up and ensures Quality resolutions comply with
customer and Chiquita Quality policies and procedures.
- Investigates possible causes and actions for quality related
issues, including review of information collected from various
- Generates weekly Quality reports.
- Provides administrative support as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field is desirable.
- Minimum 1-3 years related experience in quality control of
- Fundamental knowledge of the fresh fruit business.
- Proven analytical skills resulting in effective decision
- Demonstrated problem solving capability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and have a sense of urgency.
- Ability to prioritize duties in a changing environment and
still meeting business objectives.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within teams
and at all levels of the organization.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Travel requirement: occasionally to visit customers, training
purposes and other quality contingencies.
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other
office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in
completion of job duties.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Chiquita Fresh North America
With a workforce on five continents, our employees possess
diverse skills, education, talents and interests.Our people provide
the expertise and enthusiasm -Chiquita provides big opportunities.
Together , we're one of the world's best-known and most-loved
At Chiquita, we take great pride in having a flat organizational
structure in which our employees drive our business with unmatched
entrepreneurial spirit. When you work at Chiquita, you're an
important part of our global effort to improve the world's
nutrition with healthy, fresh foods. We're driven by passion and
guided by our core values of Integrity, Respect, Opportunity and
Our leadership is accessible for their expertise and support,
but it is our employees who drive our business. As a result of the
high level of responsibility and expectations put on employees at
all levels, Chiquita employees are passionate about their work.
They enjoy collaborating with other people around the globe on
initiatives that directly impact our products, our brand and our
Keywords: Chiquita, Wilmington , Quality & Food Safety Auditor, Other , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!