Company: University of Pennsylvania Health System
Location: West Chester
Posted on: June 12, 2021
General Summary Statement Provides comprehensive, quality
nursing care through application of the nursing process. Adheres to
Nursing Policies and Procedures and Organizational Goals and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Clinical Practice
- Provides age appropriate care for the population served. Gives
consideration to growth & developmental phase of life, to age
related factors such as thermal regulation, nutrition, medication
administration, nutrition, safety and functional needs of the
- Uses appropriate resources for patients with special needs such
as language barriers, sensory problems, altered cognition, cultural
and religious needs.
- Ensures attention to patient's physical, spiritual and
emotional well being.
- Demonstrates competency in assessment skills (Includes
admission and shift assessments).
- Performs pain assessments and intervenes to optimally meet
patient's needs for comfort.
- Plans clinical care based on patient's needs and uses available
- Performs clinical care in accordance with policy and
- Performs peripheral venipuncture and peripheral and central
vascular access care according to policy & procedure.
- Evaluates outcomes of nursing interventions and takes
appropriate actions to move patient toward reaching goals of
- Identifies situations that warrant patient rescue and takes
appropriate action, e.g. Rapid Response or Code Blue/Pink.
- Adheres to the 5 rights of medication administration and uses
the Medication Administration Check (MAK) system per policy and
- Integrates principles of infection control & infection
prevention into practice.
- Adheres to aseptic technique as appropriate.
- Uses resources and references for reviewing policies and
procedures, medications, and clinical information.
- Prioritizes and organizes work effectively within assigned
- Adheres to CCH Joint Commission Disease specific guidelines and
core measures for the care of the patients
- Implements nursing process for the patient who presents with
complex medical needs.
Keywords: University of Pennsylvania Health System, Wilmington , RN, Telemetry, Other , West Chester, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!