Sugar Factory - Restaurant Supervisor
Company: Dovers Downs Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Front of
House (FOH) during an assigned shift. Must be able to effectively
manage and supervise operational activities such as providing
training, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraise
performance, provide meaningful input into rewarding and
disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving
problems. Responsible for staff management, money management,
reporting, sales goals, inter-office communications, and upholding
company policies and procedures at all times.
- Responsible for monitoring of the budget, staff supervision,
scheduling, guest relations, restaurant cleanliness and opening and
- Opens and closes shift in accordance with proper
- Initiates guest interaction through seeking and soliciting
feedback from guests.
- Properly executes revenue and check control procedures on
- Handles daily employee relations (e.g., scheduling, time
- Maintains a safe and sanitary work environment for all
associates and guests.
- Gathers and implements all proper tools for running shift,
(e.g., schedules, floor plans, reservations, checks).
- Finds solutions for problems such as call outs, last minute
bookings or any other daily problems that may arise.
- During shift, ensures that guests are satisfied by assisting
with serving, seating, and communication with kitchen and by
striving to speak to all guests. Report all employee issues and
concerns to the General Manager where applicable and make
recommendations as to the appropriate resolution.
- Maintains presence on the floor during entire meal periods and
ensures adequate coverage.
- Interviews, selects, hire and retain superior employees.
- Completes and issues timely evaluations for subordinates.
- Conducts formal and informal training for subordinates.
- Conducts formal and informal coaching and counseling with
- Rewards and recognizes superior performers.
- Responsible for ensuring service stations, POS terminals, bars
& retail areas are operational.
- Ensures that employees work safely and follow all safety
- Ensures compliance with relevant laws and regulations as well
as company policies and procedures.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of industry and
- Ensures effective communication within the department and
- Holds subordinates accountable for established performance
- Motivates and develops staff; provides advice and guidance as
- Must comply with and enforce compliance with the company's
recycling program standards.
- Must be actively at work to perform the essential functions of
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements / Education:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years of supervisory experience in large, high volume
- Must possess good math skills.
- Must possess computer proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess good customer service and leadership skills.
- Must be able to solve problems and deal with a variety of
- Must present an overall professional appearance.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and nights as
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check and
receive a lottery license from the DE Lottery.
- Must be ABC certified before starting work
- Must be able to speak, read and write English
The above description denotes some of the specific
characteristics which are necessary to perform the essential
functions of the job and are not intended to be a description of
all the work requirements that may be inherent to the position.
Dover Downs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Addendum to Job Description
These are physical and mental requirements of the position as it
is typically performed. Inability to meet one or more of these
physical or mental requirements will not automatically disqualify a
candidate or employee from the position. Upon request for a
reasonable accommodation, the Company will review for
reasonableness, depending on the requirement, the essential
functions to which it relates, and the proposed accommodation.
Pull (50 pounds)
Climb, Ascend/Descend (Stairs, Ladders)
Stoop /Kneel /Crouch
Hearing / Listening
Lift ( 50 pounds)
Clear Speech / Talking
Carry (50 pounds)
Drive (local / long distance)
Walk for Extended Periods
Stand for Extended Periods
Reach (Above Shoulder)
Push (50 pounds)
Sit for Extended Periods
Mental / Reasoning Requirements
Reading - Simple
Writing - Simple
Advanced Math Skills
Reading - Complex
Writing - Complex
Analysis / Comprehension
Basic Math Skills
Judgment / Decision Making
Works with Others
Verbal Contact with Others
Fumes / Odors
Dirt / Dust
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills
required of all personnel so classified.
Keywords: Dovers Downs Inc, Wilmington , Sugar Factory - Restaurant Supervisor, Other , Dover, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!