As a member of the Maintenance team, you will be responsible for
repairs and preventative maintenance on Distribution Center
equipment and the building. This role will Utilize Computerized
Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to perform work (e.g., record
work history, identify parts usage, identify warranties) in a
timely and effective manner.
As a custodial associate, you will be expected to safely and
correctly perform facility upkeep activities (e.g., cleaning,
maintain internal areas of the facility, operate sweeper/scrubber).
You must ensure facility upkeep equipment is in proper working
order and supplies are organized and stocked.
Your attention to detail and focus on safety will be critical in
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains, repairs, and conducts preventative maintenance on DC
equipment and building in safe and correct ways.
- Repairs items in a timely manner and utilizes established
repair policies and procedures.
- Tells management about dirty and harmful working conditions and
- Tells management when tools and supplies required for
performing repairs on DC equipment are unavailable or broken.
- Utilizes Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to
perform work (e.g., record work history, identify parts usage,
identify warranties) in a timely and effective manner.
- Safely and correctly performs facility upkeep activities (e.g.,
cleaning, maintain internal areas of the facility, operate
sweeper/scrubber) and follows these requirements when doing own
work in a timely and effective manner.
- Spots unsafe working conditions, poor products, and improper
service procedures in the facility, and reports them to management
with ideas for how to fix the problem.
- Ensures facility upkeep equipment is in proper working order
and supplies are organized and stocked.Comply with company
policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Performed additional duties as assigned
Maintenance technician positions will require specific
qualifications to be met in order to compete for these
Minimum requirement examples are;
- Maintenance Technician
- Coursework or certification in electronic technology and 2
years industrial maintenance experience specializing in electronic
technology (e.g. troubleshooting and repairing automated equipment)
OR 3 years industrial maintenance experience specializing in
electronic technology (e.g. troubleshooting and repairing automated
Energy Center Technician
- 1 year experience in industrial refrigeration (e.g. valve
rebuilds, working with refrigeration systems); OR 1 year experience
- Will obtain the Refrigerating Engineers & Technicians
Association (RETA) Certified Assistant Refrigeration Operator
(CARO) and Certified Industrial Refrigeration Operator (CIRO)
certifications within 30 months of job entry date and will maintain
them while employed in this position
- 1 year experience with ammonia refrigeration
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better.
This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make,
from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in
between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in
shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and
hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of
millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an
impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We
believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and
the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That
means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity - unique
styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being
inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans
for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life
insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work
because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend
on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are
subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program
terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see
Frequently asked questions
- On average, how long does it take to fill out an
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application
for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to
apply as our system saves some of your application information.
Please note that some positions require the completion of
assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those
would take additional time.
- Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so
please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the
- How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart
processes application information using an applicant tracking
system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to
authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high
security standards by Walmart.
- What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs