Store Manager (SM)
Company: Carter's, Inc.
Location: Kennett Square
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Carter's, OshKosh, and Skip Hop stores are conducting interviews
virtually and in-person. Interviews may take place via video and
candidates will be notified of this when scheduling interviews.
The Store Manager has responsibility to drive financial results
through exceptional store standards, execution of company
strategies, and positive customer interaction. Effectively manages
all aspects of the store inclusive of customer engagement,
operational execution, people management, and merchandising
presentation. Ability to effectively manage and coach a diverse
workforce to ensure compliance with Company policies/procedures and
to create a positive working environment. The SM has the ultimate
responsibility to the entire store team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION (TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES MOST
Invest in People:
- Communicates professionally and effectively with the team
(Management and Sales Associates), customers, and business
- Fosters a positive work environment for both employees and
- Networks and recruits utilizing company tools to create a bench
of talent for current and future growth.
- Capitalizes on opportunities to train, coach, and redirect the
team on the sales floor as needed.
- Utilizes company tools including onboarding materials to train
and develop associates to ensure execution of all store operations;
addresses performance as needed.
- Adapts management style as necessary to lead and develop team
while establishing measurable, attainable and actionable
- Recognizes and rewards exceptional performance and redirects
employees when needed to increase employee engagement.
- Effectively analyzes the business and takes necessary action to
drive sales; is able to speak to business metrics/trends.
- Generates sales to meet and exceed goals to last year and
- Effectively manages payroll and scheduling to maximize business
during Sales Leader on Duty shifts.
- Communicates KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) to the team
through effective use of the daily sales planner and team touch
- Ensures asset protection through a consistent level of customer
service, education, and operational controls.
- Prioritizes for self and team with use of all company tools to
plan, track, and report completion of tasks and financial
- Maintains a strong and genuine customer focus on the sales
floor at all times.
- Builds customer loyalty through execution and coaching of the
team of program benefits.
- Consistently models the brands service standards while coaching
others to success.
- Maintains company standard of a neat, clean, organized
- Promotes customer service consistently by engaging talent,
encouraging positive customer interactions, and maintaining a ready
all day store presentation.
- Merchandises to company standards and execute Company
directives within set timelines.
- Executes merchandising standards including visual, signage,
markdowns, and sales promotions.
- Utilizes reactionary merchandising to maintain store standards
based on sell thru and/or assortment levels.
- Partners with Store teams on promotional planning and the
execution of processes.
- Oversees team to ensure the efficient handling of all
merchandise from shipment receipt, processing, visual placement,
Drive for Results
Managing and Measuring Work
Developing Direct Reports
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school degree or GED minimum requirement, BS/BA degree
- Minimum of 3 years of store management experience
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills
- Demonstrated customer engagement skills
- Expert in store systems and operational controls
- Ability to communicate effectively to customers, team, and
- Ability to lead, direct and execute multiple tasks
- Basic computers skills
- Flexible availability is required. Eight hour shifts and an
average of 40 hours per week: including evenings, weekends,
holidays and occasional overnights. A minimum of two closing shifts
- Ability to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; climb up and down a
- Constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping and
- Ability to travel as needed.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion
of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties
that are not listed in the job description.
Carter's is committed to creating a diverse environment and is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation,
national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any
other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Carter's, Inc., Wilmington , Store Manager (SM), Other , Kennett Square, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!