Company: West Pharmaceutical Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Working at West means having an opportunity to work by the side
of our patients and customers, our global team members and the
communities in which we operate - which all help contribute to a
At West, we are by the side of patients. The work we do impacts
patients' lives each and every day - our products are a critical
part of healthcare delivery and we are proud of the role we play to
improve patient health. We work by the side of our team members. We
come together as one global team to deliver for our customers and
help them address their challenges. We are a diverse, close-knit
community of professionals, where everyone has a voice and
opportunity to learn and grow through mutual trust and respect.
With a 95 year plus history, we have a track record for success,
which includes reported sales of $1.84B in 2019. We serve by the
side of our community. Giving back is in our DNA-our team members
across more than 50 sites globally are involved with hundreds of
charities that have special meaning to them through our West
Without Borders team member-led giving program.
This position can be located in AZ, PA, NC, FL, NE and MI.
The Operations Program Management Office (OPMO) Program Manager
has responsibility for supporting the delivery and execution of
functional programs. Areas of responsibility of this role will
include working with global functions to ensure the execution of
large scale and impacting programs remain on track financially,
scope is managed, and quality is delivered. This role will be
responsible for identifying and managing cross-project
dependencies, critical items, risks, and issues. They will
communicate at all levels of the organization and be responsible
for recognizing and engaging key stakeholders quickly and early in
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Requires specialized depth and breadth of expertise in
industry, Program Management, and business acumen.
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends
best practices to improve products, processes or services.
- Drives/Support functions with the preparation of business
cases, plans, budgets and artifacts necessary to comply with the
Portfolio Management Process, along with supporting the overall
- Cultivates teamwork through leadership and fills knowledge or
skills gaps on project teams where needed. Compliments team
deficiencies and drives financial accountability.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers,
business partners, resource managers, and other senior level
- Communicates complex concepts; anticipates potential objections
and influences others to adopt a different point of view
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or
service objectives; work is guided by department objectives
- Leads programs with high resource requirements, risk, and/or
- Leads customer and external support services, e.g. suppliers
and contract vendors, to facilitate the development and execution
of assigned projects/programs.
- Drives transparency of program workloads, financial,
commitments, and expectations.
- Maintain the program related data within the West Project
- Monitor resource needs and issues, work closely with resource
managers to develop action plans to ensure program commitments
remain on track. Coordinate resource allocation & constraints with
other program managers and/or site personnel.
- Manage cross-project and program dependencies, escalating to
the functional PMO as needed.
- Analyze, Forecast and Report the program budget. Financial
responsibility for assigned projects including customer quotes,
invoicing, vendor POs, receipt of invoices, labor accrual on
project, and overall financial health and management of funds.
- Responsible for adherence to the functional processes globally
and actively work with the project sponsors and their stakeholders
to successfully ensure a consistent delivery for all projects
- Lead/support the development of business cases on assigned
programs and track ROI for business initiatives including cost,
benets, and risk.
- Ensure functional PMO programs are planned properly, including
financials, resourcing, scheduling, and the business case, in
support of quality deliverables.
- Define, drive and manage change management and communications
activities that support assigned programs.
- Champion of the functional process and methodologies.
- Review and approve quality document for the transfer to
production process, validation master plans, protocols, and
reports. Ensure compliance to all applicable FDA Title 21CFR Part
- Communicate functional key messages, goals, and objectives to
functional team members in their local geographies or business
- May participate in setting departmental strategy.
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Requires bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Experience: 8-10 years of experience
- Track record of successfully managing global large-scale,
- Knowledge of GxP requirements and demonstrated experience
managing projects or programs in the medical device and pharma
manufacturing industries, knowledge of applicable federal and
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple globally dispersed
individuals and disciplines. Must possess the ability to influence
others without direct authority.
- Program Management experience with matrix project teams.
Experience and capability at delivering written and verbal reports
to senior and executive management (CEO, CFO, CIO, other functional
SVPs and their direct reports
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master's preferred in Engineering concentration
- Working experience with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Project
Server to manage projects or programs
- PMP certification
- Preferred experience should be in leading commercialization of
Medical Devices in compliance with FDA Title 21 DFR part 820
- Ability to prepare and deliver reports to Sr. Management &
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Applications, including Power
BI, Excel, and Microsoft Project
- Able to be aware of all relevant SOPs as per Company policy as
they are related to the position covered by this Job
- Support and contribute in Lean Sigma programs and activities
towards delivery of the set target
- Able to comply with the company's safety policy at all
- Compliance to all local environmental, health & safety
- Able to comply with the company's quality policy at all
- Compliance to all site company policies, procedures and
- Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Sitting &/or standing for extended periods may occur as
well as getting to & from offices & building sites. Ability to be
able to lift & carry various items up to 30 pounds for
administrative positions is required. Sedentary work- Exerting up
to 10 pounds of force occasionally, &/or a negligible amount of
force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or
otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work
involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking &
standing are required only occasionally, & all other sedentary
criteria are met.
- Solves complex problems with broad business impact.
- Works independently, with guidance only in complex
- Has ability to influence senior leadership, including
anticipation of potential objections to adopt a different point of
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status. If you have a disability or special need that requires
accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com.
Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West
Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate
companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of
background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.
Keywords: West Pharmaceutical Services, Wilmington , Program Manager, Other , Exton, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!