WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We're Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns,
including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that
support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across
hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North
America's leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed
concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our
people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want
every one of our people to play an active role in growing our
business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North
America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and
work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We're a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do
it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth.
We don't ask you to "fit in" to our culture. We invite you to add
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO
Are you looking for a long-term position with a stable company?
Lehigh Hanson is seeking a Senior Maintenance Supervisor (second
shift) for our Downingtown, PA aggregate plant with responsible for
managing second shift plant personnel for all areas of the
operation including safety, repairs, maintenance, and other
production-related activities. This position ensures compliance
with all standards, policies, and regulations for safe,
environmentally-sound activities. This position reports to the
- Plan and direct the maintenance operations of an approximately
2,000,000 tpy crushing/screening plant.
- Effectively and proactively administer Lehigh Hanson's safety
program ensuring compliance with MSHA rules and regulations.
- Manage union second shift employees under the guidelines of
Lehigh Hanson HR Policies and Procedures.
- Oversee the maintenance planning, staffing, and working
operations in a cost-effective manner.
- Prepare schedule and coordinate maintenance activities to
ensure task completion by end of shift so that production plant is
ready to run next morning.
- Troubleshoot and resolve maintenance related problems to ensure
minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Deliver weekly safety and department meetings.
- Ensures plant and mobile equipment is kept in good and safe
working condition to maximize asset throughput.
- The incumbent must understand and comply with Company
compliance policies, including the Code of Business Conduct
(including NAM supplements), the anti-corruption policy and the
Antitrust Compliance Policy, and is required to participate in
compliance training in such policies and provide disclosures and
compliance certifications from time to time. As a manager, the
incumbent is expected to require compliance with such policies by
subordinates, monitor their activities for compliance and disclose
incidents of non-compliance as provided by such policies.
This position will be based in Downingtown, PA.
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree with mining related discipline (Preferred) or
the equivalent in relevant work experience
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- At least 4 years of quarry experience and understanding
crushing and process equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Solid understanding of government regulations and demonstrated
ability to impact safe working practices
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions
- Ability to communicate clear and concise instructions in a
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET'S ELEVATE OUR
COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
At Lehigh Hanson, we care a great deal about your health which
is why there is no waiting period to participate in highly
competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance programs.
In addition, we offer a 401(k) retirement savings plan with an
automatic company contribution as well as matching
No search firms please
Lehigh Hanson is a Drug Free Workplace
External candidates must be able to work in the USA without