Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team
eager to drive our business forward?
Apply Now and move your career forward with Airgas as a Delivery
Driver (CDL A) in Parkesburg, PA!
What you will do:
As the "face of Airgas", the Delivery Driver is responsible for
safely and efficiently delivering compressed gas cylinders to local
and regional business customers from an Airgas branch or plant
location using a company provided straight or box truck. The
Delivery Driver loads, unloads, delivers, and returns compressed
gas cylinders while frequently interacting with Airgas
- Safely loads, delivers and unloads cylinders containing
compressed gases to customer locations. Delivers compressed gas
cylinders to external and internal customer sites. Records
deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures
from customers for receipt purposes. Collects empty cylinders or
rejected or unsold merchandise. Returns empty cylinders to either a
plant or branch location for refilling.
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations. Listens to
and helps resolve service inquiries and complaints.
- Provides timely communication back to manager or to the
customer's assigned Airgas sales associate regarding any changes or
issues experienced by the customer.
- Performs cylinder inspections per operating procedures.
- Maintains load manifests and all required vehicle documents by
ensuring they are properly completed and reconciled with truck
counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries. Ensures
that vehicle manifests, vehicle placards, cylinder labeling and
load nesting and strapping at all times comply with Airgas safety
standards (SAFECOR) and all government regulations including, but
not limited to, those issued by the Department of Transportation
(DOT), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Federal Motor Carrier
Safety Administration (FMCSA), Food & Drug Administration (FDA),
and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections documenting
deficiencies; ensures all safety items are in good working
- Strictly observes all safety rules and promptly reports any
accidents or injuries to management.
- Operates a pallet jack, forklift and other warehouse
- Works in warehouse or on dock as needed.
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and
responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended
to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to
meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
What you will need:
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid Class A Driver's License.
- Valid Medical Examiner's Card.
- Hazmat & Airbrake Certifications (or ability to acquire
certifications as a condition of employment).
- Must have one (1) year of prior Class A professional driving
experience within the last five (5) years and a clean driving
record to include no more than two (2) convictions; OR two (2) at-
fault accident in the last 3 years; OR no more than a combination
of one (1) conviction and one (1) at-fault accident in the last 3
- In lieu of experience, may consider accepting a diploma from an
accredited driving school and a minimum of one (1) year of prior
driving experience within the last five (5) years.
- Prior experience in the gas, welding and safety supply industry
- Basic PC knowledge to include familiarity with onboard
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data
- Ability to clearly and effectively speak to customers and
employees as well as legibly write.
- Must have a high attention to detail.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and other material
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and
division in various units of measure to include whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules,
regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's
Safety is Our Passion. Airgas helps its drivers and the public
share the roads safely so people and our product all arrive safe
and sound. Airgas follows the FMSCA requirement for all motor
carrier employers to run full queries of the Drug & Alcohol
Clearinghouse database for any violations during the pre-employment
process for all new CDL Driver Hires to ensure they are not
prohibited from performing safety-sensitive functions. All new CDL
Driver Hires must register for the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and
all Airgas consent to review their Clearinghouse record.
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of
industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and
related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety
products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one
million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products,
services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates,
over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total
Access telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world
leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health,
Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and
industry-leading technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director,
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver,
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,