Behavior Health Technician (BHT)
Location: Kennett Square
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Holcomb is hiring Behavioral Health Technicians (BHT) for our
new IBHS program in Kennett Square, PA!
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Program: IBHS (School based program)
Schedule: Full time and Part time availability
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
It is the responsibility of the Behavioral Health Technician
(BHT) to provide one-to-one services to an identified
child/adolescent and family to reduce maladaptive behaviors in the
home, school & community.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION(S):
- Implement clinical service delivery goals consistent with
overall agency goals and policy/procedures.
- Report to direct supervisor, and other administrative staff as
required, in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned by direct
- Complete all training requirements as dictated by the state
prior to working alone with clients (6 hours supervised hours in
the field) and any other required thereafter.
- Submitto Human Resources, in a timely manner, copies of all
required documentation regarding degree, licenses, certifications,
clearances and formal trainings.
- Provide services as defined by the program description, best
practice standards and in full compliance with licensure
- Maintain professional relationships with consumers, their
families, payers, community support service representatives,
co-workers and other agencies.
- Participate in interagency meetings, as required, and represent
the agency in an effective and professional manner in all contacts
with clients, payers and collateral staff.
- Ability to work within a group to develop internal systems to
improve and ensure quality services
- Prompts safe and socially acceptable replacement behaviors in
order to build a repertoire of communication, social interaction
and problem-solving skills.
- Provide all authorized client services and provide supporting
documentation for re-authorizations, as necessary, in a timely
- Submit accurate and timely payroll and billing
- Implement interventions effectively based upon the treatment
plan and behavior management plan as developed by the Behavior
- Provide crisis intervention to clients, when indicated, to
stabilize acute crises
- Participate in all required individual and peer supervision, as
well as all applicable program staff meetings
Data Entry and Preparation of Clinical Charts
Certification as BCBA, BCaBA, RBT, or BCAT.
Minimum of High school diploma and 40 hours of training in
2 years' experience in the behavioral health field
Required Clearances: Pennsylvania Child Abuse clearance,
Criminal clearance, and fingerprint based federal criminal history;
Verification that employee is not on any Medicaid/Medicare
NOTE: At the discretion of the Personnel Officer, additional
related experience and/or education may be substituted in lieu of
the requirements specified under Education and Experience.
Keywords: Chimes, Wilmington , Behavior Health Technician (BHT), Other , Kennett Square, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!