Sr. Engineer, Aruba Eng & Ops - Systems/Tools
Location: West Chester
Posted on: July 22, 2021
At Comcast, ‘The Customer Experience’ is our first priority. The
Senior Network Security Engineer is an IT Professional, responsible
for the design, engineering, implementation, sophisticated
operations, and maintenance, of the company’s security solutions.
This opportunity will have a solid focus in VPN & Wireless
Connectivity specific to the Aruba product family. Sophisticated
knowledge of Aruba Controllers, APs, RAPs, Management Platforms,
ClearPass, Guest, Mobility Master, and Activate will be core
responsibilities. Future aspects of the position will include
intrusion detection and intrusion prevention postures and threat
analysis for the same platform. Must be able to understand
Comcast’s various business entities and provide sound knowledge of
security techniques, the latest protocols and defenses against new
threats, viruses and other attacks. The ideal candidate would
possess a thorough understanding and knowledge of the network,
operating systems, network equipment and networking protocols. The
position will also be responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting
performance issues, maintaining documentation, and mentoring other
team members. The selected candidate would be working as part of a
dynamic and fast-paced team!
- Provide Engineering technical design, operations and support of
the companies Aruba platform
- Direct responsibility for Architecting/Engineering and
Operationalizing - Comcast Branch Office Connectivity
- Proactively analyze and recommend ways to optimize and utilize
Comcast’s Aruba investment on 6.x and 8.x releases
- Report issues to HPE-Aruba TAC and Product Engineering
- Call out where appropriate
- Collaboration in the development of mobility solutions;
building testbeds; conducting verification & validation testing;
developing performance benchmarks
- Actively seek to educate and expand the Aruba technical
expertise through informal workshops, mentor sessions, design
reviews, and documentation for customer use
- Collaborate with the customer engineering and operations
- Quickly assess and analyze pertinent data points in order to
focus on getting to root cause of customer issues with HPE-Aruba
- Continuously educate and expand the technical expertise of the
- Operate inter-dependently with a diverse realm of personnel to
draw expertise in problem-solving
- Maintain a sense of mission and focus on results that bring
value to the customer
- Minimum of three (5) years practical hands-on WLAN and 802.1x
experience and expertise required.
- Ability to craft, deploy and fix IP and wireless networks,
which includes enterprise IP networking, IP network security,
authentication, certificates, remote access, network access
controls, and IP network management, required.
- Experience in trouble isolation and remediation at layers 1-4
(IP, MAC, RF, and some application level) required.
- Experience and understanding of LAN/WAN architectures and
designs; mobile networking, and cloud networking, required.
- Experience with Aruba controllers, APs, Clearpass Policy
Manager supporting role based access and NAC
- Good communications skills, both oral and written
- Experience working in customer technical support roles;
assessing and triage of troubles, managing trouble tickets, and
trouble resolution, required.
- Experience in addressing multi-variable trouble environments
- Methodical approach to trouble resolution required.
- Ability to accommodate non-standard work schedule
- Ability to integrate as part of the engineering and operations
- Ability to quickly assess and analyze pertinent data points in
order to focus on getting to root cause on internal issues with
HPE-Aruba products required.
- Ability to continuously educate and expand the technical
expertise of the customer required.
- Ability to operate inter-dependently with a diverse realm of
personnel to draw expertise in problem-solving required.
- Ability to maintain a sense of mission and focus on results
that bring value to the customer required.
- Ability to attain Aruba certifications (ACMA, AWMP, ACCP, ACMP,
- Codes and programs enhancements, updates, and changes for
portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating
systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and
- Executes established test plans and protocols for assigned
portions of code; identifies, logs, and debugs assigned issues
while opening feature requests.
- As a member of the ANSE team develop partners to deliver
reliable, efficient and high-quality solutions for low to
moderately- sophisticated products.
- Experience with ISP, Telephony or Broadband/Narrowband
transmission or transport infrastructure
- Large-scale network or systems administration experience
coordinating carrier class-based applications or network elements
installed on physical and virtual platforms
- Strong working and practical knowledge of TCP/IP and UDP/IP
- Experience with the following SSL, HTTPS, PGP, AES, DES, SSH,
SCP, Kerberos, IPSEC, PKI
- Good understanding of the Internet protocol version 4 and 6
suite, e.g. Radius, BOOTP, ARP, IP, ICMP, BGP, OSPF, TCP, UDP,
LDAP, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, SMTP, SIP, GRE, Netflow and POP3
- Experience with managing and hardening IOS/OS installation,
configuration and backup and restoration, including development and
management of workflows and operating standards, including design
reviews, certification, production acceptance and testing for
- Policy creation and rule design and updates for the
administration security control systems
- Experience with development and regular preparation of
management status and insightful reports
- Should be comfortable with conducting complete system and
application reviews and specifying security review guidelines
- Should be comfortable with developing and conducting security
resilience testing and stress testing
- Should have strong process and procedure ownership experience
for audit and control systems
- Broad technical background including enterprise networking,
next-generation firewalls, stateless inspection, deep packet
inspection, signature and signature-less detection, encryption, log
aggregation and correlation, security data analytics, stewardship
and performance and capacity management
- High level of personal integrity, with the ability to
professionally handle confidential matters and exudes the
appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- Must be able to support on-call, critical issue and high-paced/
fast tempo operating environments
- The successful applicant will also have good communication
skills, be self-motivated, organized, capable of working
independently, and possess solid decision-making and project
Employees at all levels are encouraged to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users, and
advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products, and services,
especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making callbacks and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Get results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors, and
- This information has been crafted to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
- Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides
to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality – to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the compensation
and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Wilmington , Sr. Engineer, Aruba Eng & Ops - Systems/Tools, Other , West Chester, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!