Research Associate (Cellular Assays)
Company: Prelude Therapeutics Incorporated
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Prelude Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on
discovery and development of innovative small molecule therapeutics
targeting novel pathways for the treatment of cancer and rare
diseases. Prelude has assembled a world-class team with a passion
for scientific innovation and a commitment to developing novel
therapies.Prelude offers a vibrant and collegial work environment
and excellent career growth opportunities. Prelude is ideally
located within 25 minutes from the Philadelphia International
Airport at the Delaware Innovation Space, an emerging research
campus in the DuPont Experimental Station.The Research Associate
will contribute to the company's efforts to design and develop a
pipeline of novel, orally bioavailable, small molecule therapies
that target key drivers of cancer cell growth, survival, and drug
resistance. The successful candidate will have a cell/molecular
biology and informatics background and is able to work in a
collaborative team environment, perform experiments, organizes, and
analyzes results, and communicates effectively to support R & D
teams.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Evaluate potency and selectivity of new molecules in various
functional and phenotypic cell-based assays.
- Evaluate physiochemical properties of lead molecules such as
stability, permeability, and solubility assessment.
- Manage small molecule compound inventory.
- Develop and optimize assay systems to support new
- Maintain laboratory equipment and restock supplies.
- Maintain accurate records of experiments, analyze, and
interpret the results, present summaries, and generate reports of
- Work in close collaboration with chemistry and preclinical
development teams and communicate results in a timely
- BS/BA or MS in Life Sciences, molecular/cell biology, or
equivalent discipline with 1 - 3 years' experience in oncology or
immunology research in industry or academic setting.
- Experience in cell and molecular biology techniques, such as
immunoblotting, ELISA, qPCR, and cell culture.
- Hands-on experience with development of functional cellular
assays, including tumor cell proliferation, differentiation, and
- Experience with analytical chemistry techniques including
solubility, pKA determination and familiarity with HPLC and LCMS/MS
- Familiarity with data and compound management programs such as
Dotmatics and Mosaic, a plus.
- Should be proficient at conducting review of relevant
scientific literature using Pubmed and other resources.
- Should be highly independent and organized, with excellent
verbal and written communication skills.Special Characteristics/Job
- Physical Activities: Reaching, Talking and Hearing.
- Physical Requirements: Lab based responsibilities.
- Visual Acuity Requirements: Close visual acuity required for
activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures;
viewing a computer terminal; and extensive reading.
- Working Conditions: OnsitePrelude Therapeutics provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
training.Prelude Therapeutics, Inc. does not accept unsolicited
resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms. To
conduct business with Prelude, a Master Services Agreement (MSA)
must be executed and confirmed prior to submitting any information
relating to a potential candidate. Without a signed MSA, Prelude
shall not be responsible to any individual or entity for any
payment relating to any form of fee or compensation.---*And, if a
resume or candidate is submitted by a recruiter, an employment
agency, or a staffing firm without a fully executed MSA, Prelude
has the unrestricted right to pursue and hire any of those
candidate(s) without any legal or financial responsibility to the
recruiter, agency, and/or firm.*Job Type: Full-timePay: $1.00 -
$2.00 per yearBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to FridaySupplemental Pay:
- Bonus payApplication Question(s):
- Do you possess 1-3 years' hands-on experience with development
of functional cellular assays, including tumor cell proliferation,
differentiation, and apoptosis?Education:
- Bachelor's (Required)Work Location: One location
Keywords: Prelude Therapeutics Incorporated, Wilmington , Research Associate (Cellular Assays), Other , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!