Full-Time Registrar - 7a-730p Sunday - Tuesday
Company: SUN Behavioral Delaware
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Position Summary:Responsible for complete and accurate patient
demographic information, verifies insurance, collects co-pays and
deductibles, assist patient with filing for assistance and/or
charity. Ensure all necessary signatures are obtained and patients
are aware of hospital policies and procedures.
This position works closely with Intake, answers phones and assist
with patient flow. Distributes appropriate information to ancillary
departments. Participates in performance improvement and continuous
quality improvement (CQI) activities.
Strong customer service, organizational and communication skills
are essential to this position. In addition, understanding and
adherence to Business Office policies as outlined in the Procedure
Manual is required. This position requires an ability to prioritize
multiple tasks simultaneously in a stressful environment. Also
requires general computer skills, typing skills and a working
knowledge OSHA and HIPAA guidelines.
Position Responsibilities:Clinical / Technical Skills (40% of
- Validates insurance information of patients for accuracy and
completeness and resolve discrepancies as needed.
- Collects co-pay, deductible and out of pocket expenses from
patient at time of admission meeting the upfront collections
- Update and maintains Front end log.
- Verify all active clients Medicaid and Medicaid MCO on the
first of each month.
- Assist patients with filing for financial assistance.
- Analyze patient data, from admission through discharge, to
ensure that all key elements that affect billing and collections
represent and accurate.
- Provide notifications to patients or patients representatives
including End of Coverage Notifications, Recertification
application, and any other payor required documents.
- Maintains Wellsky emails and responds timely and
- Knowledgeable regarding insurance benefits and covered services
of all Government and non-Government insurance programs.
- Ability to obtain single case agreements (per site policy) with
non-contracted insurance companies.
- Ability to determine patient financial responsibility based on
- Attention to detail, follow through on tasks, problem solve,
trouble shoot and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced
- Ability to discuss personal and financial matters with patients
and/or their representatives regarding credit and collection
policies and procedures.
- Responsible for accepting admissions and pre-admitting these
- Responsible for preregistering patients for scheduled
admissions and outpatient programs, obtaining authorization and
checking insurance eligibility.
- Responsible for interviewing patients or their representative,
where admission is unscheduled, for obtaining personal information
or verifying information already on file, including emergency
numbers and insurance information.
- Responsible for obtaining signatures on Conditions of Admission
and initiating the advanced directive process. Communicates with
Nursing Services when no advance directive is available.
- Provides information to the patient/representative about
billing, complaint process, patient rights, HIPAA and visiting
hours. Distributes hospital specific literature such as patient
- During admission process ensure inappropriate belongings are
sent home with accompanying party, if not applicable ensure
belongings are handed off to Nursing staff for logging and/or
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function
well in stressful situations.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity;
ensures confidentiality of patients records.
- Maintain tracking of pending transfers and contact Telehealth
Clinician within 15 min if there are at least two patients waiting
- Monitor on-site assessments that likely will not be able to be
started in the next 15 minutes and then contact telehealth
clinician for completion of assessment.
- Perform other duties as required
Safety (15% of performance review)
- Strives to create a safe, healing environment for patients and
- Follows all safety rules while on the job.
- Reports near misses, as well as errors and accidents
- Corrects minor safety hazards.
- Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards
identified in the workplace.
- Attends all required safety programs and understands
responsibilities related to general, department, and job specific
- Participates in quality projects, as assigned, and supports
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
Teamwork (15% of performance review)
- Works well with others in a spirit of teamwork and
- Responds willingly to colleagues and serves as an active part
of the hospital team.
- Builds collaborative relationships with patients, families,
staff, and physicians.
- The ability to retrieve, communicate, and present data and
information both verbally and in writing as required
- Demonstrates listening skills and the ability to express or
exchange ideas by means of the spoken and written word.
- Demonstrates adequate skills in all forms of
- Adheres to the Standards of Behavior
Integrity (15% of performance review)
- Strives to always do the right thing for the patient,
coworkers, and the hospital
- Adheres to established standards, policies, procedures,
protocols, and laws.
- Applies the Mission and Values of SUN Behavioral Health to
personal practice and commits to service excellence.
- Completes required trainings within defined time periods, as
established by job description, policies, or hospital
- Exemplifies professionalism through good attendance and
positive attitude, at all times.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and staff information,
following HIPAA and other privacy laws.
- Ensures proper documentation in all position activities,
following federal and state guidelines.
Compassion (15% of performance review)
- Demonstrates accountability for ensuring the highest quality
patient care for patients.
- Willingness to be accepting of those in need, and to extend a
- Desire to go above and beyond for others
- Understanding and accepting of cultural diversity and
- Required: High school diploma or GED. Basic medical
terminology. CPR and hospital-selected de-escalation technique
- Preferred: Associates in a Business-related field
- Required: One year of experience in a behavioral health setting
or one to two years previous experience in related field. Knowledge
of insurance payor rules and regulations.
- Preferred: Understanding of behavioral health treatment
modalities. Working experience in WellSky system a plus.
Keywords: SUN Behavioral Delaware, Wilmington , Full-Time Registrar - 7a-730p Sunday - Tuesday, Other , Georgetown, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!