Supervisor - Surveillance
Company: Dovers Downs Inc
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Responsible for safeguarding the company's assets and for the
safety of guests and employees. Observes, monitors, and records
activities occurring in the casino area and throughout the
facility, recording observations as required. Responsible for the
supervision of monitor room staff on assigned shift, training of
surveillance personnel, maintaining logs, reviewing and storing
* Provides timely notification to appropriate supervisor upon
detecting illegal activity.
* Coordinates with the Surveillance Manager to record the
questionable activity for review and possible use as evidence in
* Conducts the same type of observations of the gaming areas as
* Prepares daily logs of all pertinent activity.
* Detects the presence in the establishment of any person who is
required to be excluded by VLEU or may have been excluded or
ejected from entering the premises by security personnel.
* "Patrols" the facility through the pan, zoom and tilt cameras and
appropriately records all pertinent activity.
* Logs and marks video clips and files them in one of several
* "Patrols" the facility entrances, the cashiers' cage, coin vault
and count rooms. Monitors the file alarm panel and respond to fire
alarms and system troubles notifying proper persons in accordance
with established procedures.
* Interviews, selects, hires and retains superior employees.
* Completes timely evaluations for subordinates.
* Conducts formal and informal training for subordinates.
* Conducts formal and informal coaching and counseling with
* Rewards and recognizes superior performers.
* Ensures that employees work safely and follow all safety
* Provides exceptional customer service.
* Works safely, following all established safety rules and
* Communicates effectively with co-workers, supervisors and
* Follows all relevant policies and procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
* One (1) year minimum work experience as a surveillance officer
from a casino or equivalent surveillance experience is
* Must possess computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
* Must be able to transfer video clips to CD's.
* Must have excellent hand/eye coordination to operate camera
* Must be able to operate digital system and monitors and to reset
* Must possess good analytical, problem-solving, critical thinking
and decision-making skills.
* Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
* Must be able to distinguish all colors.
* Must be able to report to work on time as scheduled.
* Must be able to work weekends, holidays and nights as needed.
* Must be able to successfully pass a background check and receive
a license from the DE Lottery.
* Must present an overall professional appearance and report to
work in appropriate attire.
* Must adhere to the Close Personal Relationship Policy -
Surveillance. Employees are prohibited from having close personal
relationships with all other employees.
* Must be able to learn specific job duties and complete detailed
work assignments, and maintain knowledge of basic concepts and
* Must be able to speak, read and write English
* Must possess good customer service and leadership skills
The above description denotes some of the specific characteristics
which are necessary to perform the principal functions of the job
and are not intended to be a description of all the work
requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Bally's Dover is an equal opportunity employer.
Addendum to Job Description
These are physical and mental requirements of the position as it is
typically performed. Inability to meet one or more of these
physical or mental requirements will not automatically disqualify a
candidate or employee from the position. Upon request for a
reasonable accommodation, the Company will review for
reasonableness, depending on the requirement, the essential
functions to which it relates, and the proposed accommodation.
Pull ( pounds)
Climb, Ascend/Descend (Stairs, Ladders)
Stoop /Kneel /Crouch
Hearing / Listening
Lift (10 pounds)
Clear Speech / Talking
Carry (10 pounds)
Drive (local / long distance)
Ability to move Distances
Stand for Extended Periods
Reach (Above Shoulder)
Push ( pounds)
Sit for Extended Periods
Mental / Reasoning Requirements
Reading - Simple
Writing - Simple
Advanced Math Skills
Reading - Complex
Writing - Complex
Analysis / Comprehension
Basic Math Skills
Judgment / Decision Making
Works with Others
Verbal Contact with Others
Fumes / Odors
Dirt / Dust
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills
required of all personnel so classified.
Keywords: Dovers Downs Inc, Wilmington , Supervisor - Surveillance, Other , Dover, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!