EHS Site Lead
Posted on: June 25, 2022
What you will doIn this role you will have oversight and
accountability for the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS)
operations at a single plant and may assist in some EHS activities
at other sites, as needed. In this role you will partner with other
members of your EHS Cluster and Regional EHS leadership teams to
ensure seamless implementation of Global, Regional, and plant EHS
standards, practices, systems, and tools and will serve as the
general subject matter expert for EHS operations within your
facility.You will provide technical support on EHS matters across
your facility and drive initiatives as an individual contributor or
leader of project teams to address specific changes or issues that
apply across the plant.How you will do it
- Partner other members of your EHS Cluster such as the cluster
Industrial Hygienist, Environmental Engineer, and Occupational
Health Nurse as well as the broader plant operations team to
develop site specific execution plans that deliver on our
operational and EHS strategies.
- Communicate EHS opportunities and risks to Plant and EHS
- Maintain general awareness of applicable international, state,
local and corporate EHS requirements.
- Lead the implementation of the plant's EHS programs and
- Implement a communication strategy across your plant that
reinforces a high level of EHS awareness and ownership at all
levels of the plant.
- Validate program and process implementation with hourly staff,
team leaders, supervisors, and plant management.
- Review contract documentation for jobs meeting large project
criteria for relevant issues that may affect the execution of the
EHS programs at the plant.
- Oversee EHS technical, management, and process training for all
levels of employees based on specific needs and requirements.
Training may include the business' strategies and goals, technical
H&S and program information, injury trend data, and regulatory
- Track and communicate EHS performance metrics including goals
and the core processes (i.e. audits, events, training, etc.).
- Guide Plant Management and hourly staff in analyzing incidents
and their related trends, including injuries, blood leads, internal
spills, external releases, potential permit non-compliances,
compliance with reporting deadlines and regulatory inspections, to
ensure that root causes, complete risk assessments, and associated
preventative measures are identified and implemented in a timely
- Represent the EHS function in obtaining approval for needed
capital and expenses to address EHS risks and opportunities.
- Partner with your EHS Cluster and Regional EHS teams on filling
gaps for your plant (i.e. industrial hygiene, occupational health,
permitting, auditing, etc.).
- Ensure prompt escalation of EHS issues to Business,
Operational, and EHS Leadership.What we look for
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Industrial Safety or
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in Environmental, Health
& Safety, or both, ideally in a manufacturing environment
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and
the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees
- Ability to travel domestically up to 10%Who we areClarios is a
world leader in advanced energy storage solutions. We partner with
our customers to meet increasing market demand for smarter
applications, on a global scale. Our 16,000 employees develop,
manufacture and distribute a portfolio of evolving battery
technologies for virtually every type of vehicle. Technologies that
deliver uniquely sustainable, next-generation performance, and
bring reliability, safety and comfort to everyday lives. We add
value at every link in the supply chain, contributing to the
progress of the communities we serve and the planet we all share.
Learn more about Clarios at www.clarios.com.To all recruitment
agencies: Clarios does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs.
Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses,
Clarios employees or any other company location. Clarios is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
resumes/CVs.Clarios, LLC is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status,
status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other
characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view
EEO is the Law, EEO is the Law (supplement), and Pay Transparency
Non-discrimination. If you are an individual with a disability and
you require an accommodation during the application process, please
Keywords: Clarios, Wilmington , EHS Site Lead, Other , Middletown, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!