Company: Didlake, Inc.
Posted on: August 6, 2022
****Candidates with disabilities or rehab referrals only****
The Order Filler retrieves products for shipment by placing them in
shipping containers, the specific operations performed being
dependent upon the type, size, and several units to be packed, the
type of container employed, and the method of shipment. Work
requires the placing of items in shipping containers and may
involve one or more of the following: knowledge of various items of
stock in order to verify content, selection of appropriate type and
size of the container, inserting enclosures in a container; using
excelsior or other material to prevent breakage or damage, closing
and sealing the container and applying labels or entering
identifying data on container The Order Filler also fills shipping
or transfer orders for finished goods from stored merchandise in
accordance with specifications on sales slips, customers' orders,
or other instructions. This worker may, in addition to filling
orders and indicating items filled or omitted, keep records of
outgoing orders, requisition additional stock or report short
supplies to the supervisor, and perform other related duties. (WDR
This position is responsible for verifying and pulling shipments
for packaging on behalf of the DHHS and Support Services Section;
completes Agency paperwork and documentation of acceptance and
forwards to Agency accounting section; completes agency packing
slips, shipping labels, and repacks shipments for Diplomatic pouch,
APO or freight forwarding agents for delivery; and maintains daily
logs of all shipping activity. This position also adheres to strict
standards governing the packaging/packing and shipping of hazardous
materials by common carriers.
- Compares information on requisitions, invoices, and shipping
documents with the materials received from vendors. Inspects for
product ordering, dosage, quantity, and expiration dates.
- Notifies Agency Procurement Specialist of erroneous product,
quantity, or short-dated products.
- Recognizes and identifies common Dangerous Goods (HAZMATS) for
special handling and packaging requirements.
- Breaks down completed requisition paperwork for distribution to
Agency accounting department, Procurement Specialist, and recipient
- Repackages materials and goods for International shipment via
Diplomatic Pouch, International, APO, or commercial shipping via
Freight Forwarders as designated on order-specific
- Affixes proper address labels, required markings, and properly
completed shipment forms on all boxes being shipped via Diplomatic
Pouch, International, and APO or commercially via Freight
- Maintains accurate daily logs of orders shipped including Post
name, requisition number, vendor, shipment method, and the number
of boxes shipped.
- Responsible for safety within the scope of work by proper use
of equipment and adherence to safety policies.
- Responsible for fostering a positive team spirit and producing
- Responsible for appropriate conduct and/or demeanor as dictated
by Didlake policy and procedure.
- Completes required paperwork and/or documentation.
- Completes and maintains all required Didlake training.
Didlake, Inc. is a non-profit rehabilitation services organization.
At Didlake, creating opportunities that enrich the lives of people
with disabilities is our mission. Since 1965, Didlake has served
thousands of people with significant disabilities by providing
training, job placement, employment opportunities and day support
services. We provide rewarding and purposeful work.
Keywords: Didlake, Inc., Wilmington , Order Filler, Other , Perryville, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!