Diesel Mechanic Heavy Equipment serving Cecil County Municipal- First Group
Company: First Vehicle Services
Posted on: September 24, 2022
First Vehicle Services is now hiring an Automotive and Diesel
Mechanic for our shop serving Cecil County Municipal! First things
First: Who are we? First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of
diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America.
Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has provided efficient and
cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at
governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit
agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations
throughout the United States. Why join First as an Automotive and
- $23 - $28 per hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 3:30 pm full-time shift schedule and
consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- 12 Holidays during an election year (this year) and 11 holidays
in non-election years including New Year s Day, MLK, President s
Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day ( observed ) on the 5th this
year, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran s Day, Thanksgiving Day,
Friday after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day (observed ) on the
24th this year.
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program!About the Automotive and Diesel Mechanic Position As a
Diesel Mechanic with First Vehicle Services, you will help maintain
and repair International, Kenworth, Caterpillar, John Deere,
Komatsu, Takeuchi, Ford, New Holland, and Volvo to ensure vehicle
readiness & safety. Other major job duties include:
- Perform preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and
annual maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment
repair, including brakes, suspensions, engines, drivetrains,
transmissions, and other repairs.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as
necessary.Qualifications for Automotive and Diesel Mechanic
- A valid CDL license is required.
- At least three years of automotive or diesel maintenance &
repair employment experience or a combination of technical school
education & experience.
- Mechanic s toolset
- ASE certifications are preferred. Must be willing to
participate in the company ASE certification program (company
training, testing, and bonuses provided!
- Be subject to a drug test.Get your career on the road with
First Vehicle Services! We aspire to have a culture where all
people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse
workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
all. Associated topics: garden, ice, jardinero, landfill,
landscape, road, surface, tree, tree maintenance, tree pruner
Keywords: First Vehicle Services, Wilmington , Diesel Mechanic Heavy Equipment serving Cecil County Municipal- First Group, Other , Elkton, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!