Posted on: September 24, 2022
The Operational Risk Sr. Officer is a risk and control
professional responsible for driving effective challenge and
quality assurance throughout the end-to-end issue management
process spanning the life cycle of an issue
including: documentation review for remediation data population
completeness and accuracy, exclusion criteria and remediation
execution, status monitoring and reporting, and closure activities.
These activities will be
conducted in close partnership with the Issue Owners and Managers
within U.S. Personal Banking. Excellent communication skills are
required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level.
The role involves developed communication and diplomacy skills in
order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular
colleagues in other areas. Key Responsibilities:
- Operate independently as a Quality Assurance partner across the
assigned U.S. Personal Banking issue management teams, forming
partnerships at all levels within U.S. Personal Banking. Support
the Compliance Business Control Sr. Group Mgr. in fostering a
strong QA partnership with Business Function and Operations Sr.
Function Group Management.
- Provide effective challenge throughout the data remediation
lifecycle (documentation review including root cause analysis,
remediation planning, code review for queries related to population
completeness planning and execution criteria, and post remediation
- Assess control design and operational effectiveness and
supporting documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide assurance over the quality of U.S. Personal Banking's
work via formal work products (Hot Reviews and Tollgates).
- Provide day-to-day support to assigned U.S. Personal Banking
senior bank and risk management colleagues and issue management
teams on development of effective corrective action plans,
remediation approaches, timelines, compensating controls and
documentation supporting work being performed.
- Be a change agent identifying innovation and automated
solutions opportunities for issue resolutions.
- Facilitate the initial and ongoing communication, escalation,
and resolution process through standardized communication routines
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and meet strict
deadlines, both internal and external (e.g., regulators).
- Significant interaction with a wide range of senior bank and
risk management colleagues, as well as external stakeholders such
as Issue Owners / Issue Managers / Compliance / Legal / Operational
Risk Management / Internal Audit.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Support additional oversight and validation routines required
by functions such as Internal Audit and Compliance.
- Ensure that all relevant issues are accurately tracked in the
appropriate systems of record.
- Drive a holistic view of the issue to ensure impacts to other
lines of business or functions are identified.
- Drive process best in class issue management through the
identification and communication of areas for improvement in issue
- Assist with periodic ad-hoc projects (e.g., research and
development of QA specific training).
- Work with partners to develop a culture that fosters
self-identification of business issues.
- Support reporting and analytics for Issues Management.
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Significant and demonstrable experience in writing SAS and SQL
queries with multiple database environments with a minimum of 5
years of experience with SAS Enterprise Guide
- Should have excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office -
particularly Excel (metrics and data analysis), PowerPoint
(presentation decks), and Word (writing and editing procedural and
- Prior Data Remediation experience within Banking Industry is
- Thorough knowledge of financial and risk reporting as well as
experience from the business and/or technical area desired.
- Familiarity with regulatory and operational risk landscape
facing global banks.
- Professional ability and presence to interact with Senior Bank,
Compliance and Audit Management.
- Proven relationship management skills with ability to deepen
relationships and build partnerships across the business, executive
leadership and key functional support areas like Operational Risk
Management, Communications, Legal, Compliance, Control, In-Business
Risk and Independent Risk.
- Project management and governance experience with the proven
ability to develop project plans and drive a diverse group of
stakeholders to identify and achieve milestones within
- Superior organizational skills, with proven ability to
successfully manage multiple, concurrent priorities.
- Strong judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivated with a passion for establishing and maintaining
a culture of control within the business.
- Demonstrated ability to influence a group of diverse
stakeholders and drive accountability and ownership with key
business partners and process owners.
- Detail oriented, with proven ability to question and identify
opportunities within existing processes and business practices by
leveraging previous experiences and knowledge of the business.
- Deep functional knowledge of the Credit Cards and/or Retail
Banking industries and applicable rules, regulations, and
- Pragmatic problem-solver, forward thinker with independence of
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
------------------------------------------------- Job Family Group:
Risk Management -------------------------------------------------
Job Family: Operational Risk
------------------------------------------------------ Time Type:
Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
veteran. Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all
qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities.
If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable
accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career
opportunity review Accessibility at Citi. View the "EEO is the Law"
poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement. View the EEO Policy
Statement. View the Pay Transparency Posting
----------------------------- Effective November 1, 2021, Citi
requires that all successful applicants for positions located in
the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such
vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Wilmington , USPB CAO , Other , Landenberg, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!