Assistant Program Supervisor
Company: CareLink Community Support Services
Posted on: September 25, 2022
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
CareLink Community Support Services has a current opening for a
Assistant Program Supervisor at our Milford Road Program in
For over 60 years, CareLink Community Support Services has been
dedicated to helping people with disabilities to live in the
community with dignity and independence. Our rehabilitation
services and professional staff provide the supports that people
with serious mental illness, physical disabilities and other
developmental challenges need to be active, productive members of
This position is responsible for the oversight of Shift
Supervisors/Residential Counselors in the absence of the Program
Supervisor. Provides oversight to the shift and ensures that
supervision of the residential staff and operations of the program.
The position is responsible to ensure the health, safety and proper
provision of services in compliance with all applicable regulations
for up to but no more than 6 service participants.
- $1,200 Sign-on bonus available! ($600 paid after first 3 months
& $600 paid after completion of 6 months of employment per policy)
- New Hires Only Benefits (full time roles):
- Medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, 403(b),
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Long term disability coverage, employee assistance
- Basic life insurance, and basic AD&D coverage at no cost to
- Voluntary, employee paid, benefit plans including short term
disability, supplemental life insurance and AD&D.
- Critical illness and accident coverage are also available.
- (40 Hours), 2nd Shift , Monday through Friday, 4PM- 12AM Salary
- $18.50/hour Qualifications:
- Educational Requirement:
- Master's degree or above from an accredited college or
university and 1 year work experience working directly with persons
with ID and/or autism, OR
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and
2 years work experience working directly with persons with ID
and/or autism, OR
- An associate's degree or 60 credit hours from an accredited
college or university and 4 years work experience working directly
with persons with ID and/or autism, OR
- A high school diploma or GED certificate and 6 years work
experience working directly with persons with ID and/or
- CPRP certification preferred.
- Knowledge of basic principles and methods of rehabilitation
- Motivation, interest and ability to work empathetically with
people with disabilities.
- Ability to work independently required.
- Must be able to write and speak English in an understandable
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks as required.
- Ability to take direction. Essential Functions:
- Provide leadership and supervision to all staff by providing
instruction, leadership, example, and suggestions as
- Ensure coverage for each shift through various means: asking
on-duty employees to remain, calling staff roster, etc.
- Provide adequate information exchange at end of shift with
on-coming supervisor or staff.
- Plan shift operations of the site including shift assignments,
reporting all problems to the Program Supervisor.
- Assist in providing an orientation for new employees in
agency's and facility's philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Participate in performance reviews for employee introductory,
annual and interim evaluations.
- Participate in development and training of staff to improve
quality of services provided to consumers.
- Participate in and assume leadership role during staff meetings
and training programs.
- Provide coverage at site when needed.
- Report all concerns regarding staff to Program Supervisor.
- Attend and participate in supervision.
- Coordinate referral and intake process as directed.
- Conduct initial and ongoing assessments of program
participant's strengths, interests, and areas needing
- Assist in the development, implementation, and monitoring of
goal plans and treatment interventions.
- Coordinate the orientation of new program participants, take
inventory of all personal items upon admission, and conduct
introductions to staff and consumers.
- Coordination of all program participant appointments.
- Assist consumers in planning, coordination, and implementation
of daily, evening, and weekend social and recreational
- Participate in the development of individual service plans
designed to improve the social and self-care skills of program
- Assess, teach, supervise and evaluate staff on an ongoing basis
regarding their work on individual service plans.
- Attend monthly case management meetings when appropriate.
- Coordinate site meetings.
- Review all documentation generated during the shift to ensure
that work is accurate, complete and finished in a timely
- Monitor medication of all consumers as prescribed and document
as required. Report all medication errors to Program
- Prepare program participant's progress reports and other
reports as required.
- Serve as a liaison with outside agencies and individuals as
- Execute professional daily progress notes, log book entries and
other related paperwork as required.
- Assist with payroll processing as necessary.
- Participate in on-call rotation as necessary.
- Respond appropriately to emergency situations.
- Transport clients as necessary/appropriate.
- Perform job within framework of agency, site and professional
- Participate in staff meetings and training programs.
- Participate in supervision on an on-going basis.
- Attend and participate in agency events.
- Adhere to agency/site policies and procedures.
- Project a positive attitude and image to program participants,
family members and outside contacts.
- Use appropriate communication channels.
- Participate in achievement of agency goals and mission.
- Display motivation and interest in working creatively with
people with disabilities.
- Demonstrate the ability to make sound judgments regarding the
welfare of program participants.
- Display ability to take direction.
- Possess knowledge of basic principles and methods of
Keywords: CareLink Community Support Services, Wilmington , Assistant Program Supervisor, Other , Downingtown, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!