Posted on: September 25, 2022
Nemours is seeking a Security Guard to join our Nemours
Children's Health team in Wilmington, Delaware. This position will
be full-time, benefitted (40 hours per week), 3rd shift (midnight
shift). Two weekends per month required. This position is
responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for the
patients, staff and visitors of Alfred I. DuPont Hospital for
Children. The Security Officer is expected to deter unlawful,
unsafe and unacceptable activities; intervene when such activities
occur and investigate reports of these activities. This is
accomplished by adhering to prescribed security and risk reduction
strategies based on the identification, intervention,
investigation, education and resolution processes. The Security
Officer is responsible for participating in departmental and
hospital programs for quality assessment and improvement,
identifying opportunities to improve services, making
recommendations and implementing actions as appropriate and
consistent with the goals of the Nemours Foundation.
- Respond to critical events such as medical and fire emergencies
providing support to patients, visitors, and staff.
- Maintain safety and security order within the hospital's
domain. This includes but is not limited to providing access
control, patrolling designated areas, enforcing Hospital and
departmental policies, upholding parking regulations, and
inspecting areas around the buildings and helipad.
- Diffuse situations involving conflict, manage threatening
situations and administer behavioral restraints.
- Develop security system and protocol adaptations to improve
efficiency and response to patient and visitor needs. This includes
procedural editing and writing, documentation and follow-up on all
security related concerns, and maintaining all security logs and
- Risk reduction support activities such as helicopter landing
management, suspicious package searches, Code Blue response,
- Provide interior and exterior patrol of the facility to include
vehicle assists and escorts.
- Demonstrated ability to independently perform safety and fire
inspections. Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum of three (3) months experience required.
- Previous security experience preferred.
- Will be required to obtain AED/CPR Certification after
- Clean driving record required.
Keywords: Nemours, Wilmington , Security Guard, Other , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!