C13 - Operational Risk Officer - Risk Control Assessment Team
Posted on: November 27, 2022
The Operational Risk Officer reports to the Leader of the Risk
and Control Assessment Team (RCAT). The goal of this team is to
provide facilitation, expertise, and assurance for the effective
management of the Consumer Risk Control Environment in line with
Operational Risk Management 2nd Line (ORM) policy, Independent
Compliance Risk Management (ICRM), and Regulatory and Internal
Audit (IA) expectations. The team is responsible for the execution
of governance routines, reporting, data analytics, regulation
analytics, policy analytics, and end to end Manager Control
Assessment (MCA) analytics. This person will work alongside the
Business Control Head Team to ensure effective risk management is
embedded in day-to-day business strategies, and related activities.
The goal is to design a framework that will bring insights that
inform the business of potential unmitigated risk and partner
strategies that can be deployed to enhance the control environment
based on learning. This includes ensuring the MCA programs are
thorough and accurate through robust challenge of the businesses'
identification and documentation of their activities, risks and
controls and performing in-depth reviews of the adequacy of their
controls and monitoring.
- Execute assessment of control and monitoring design and
effectiveness; ensure control and monitoring procedures are
appropriately followed; ensure findings/gaps are escalated and
- Review control and monitoring documentation and provide
feedback to business process owners on improvements to ensure all
standards are met.
- Assist with documentation of internal controls, walkthroughs,
feedback to process maps, horizontal risk themes and lessons
- Work on ad Hoc projects related to CMDA process improvements
- Provides insights to the business on key impacting risks,
control and monitoring design framework, and potential
opportunities for improvement (automation etc.) based on end-to-end
risk assessment, emerging risks, or changes in the control
- Provide aggregated insights /KPI on CMDA results with focus on
cross business trends, learnings from outcomes, root cause, and
potential areas of focus for control teams etc.
- Actively engage and partner with the business control teams to
form strategies, prioritization of the work based on key areas of
focus (critical risks) and impacting risk factors
- Deliver program training for the team plus the business in
partnership with SMEs/stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- 8+ years strong risk management experience, including
performing assessments and audits, designing controls, managing
enterprise control frameworks, and prioritizing risk.
- Ability to work with diverse, cross functional teams and
- Excellent planning, project management, interpersonal and
- Excellent risk acumen and control evaluation skills.
- Expertise in Fraud Awareness and Risk Management Operations and
Systems (Information Security Standards, Vendor/Outsourcing
Management and MCA Legal and Regulatory Compliance Management of a
global operations and a complex environment that includes global
teams, preferred - (GRC, Issue Management)
- Proven attention to detail and the ability to apply judgment
amidst ambiguity with an independent, challenger mindset.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to present a compelling case to influence others where
- Well versed in breaking down complex matters into core issues
and root causes so that they can be readily addressed
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, problem solving,
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of Excel and other
analytical tools across large data sets
- regulatory policies and procedures knowledge a plus
- Experience with Citi Risk & Controls and knowledge of Manager's
Control Assessment a plus (GRC) Skills/ Competencies:
- Proficient in MS Office applications necessary for executing
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Superior writing skills to support MCA
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Independent thinker and able to perform a credible challenge of
- Ability to influence and convince without authority
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across functions and
Lines of Defense
- Effective team player and contributor in dynamic
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual team Education:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent 8 plus years' experience in
Operational Risk Management preferred. -
Job Family Group:
Risk Management -
New Castle Delaware United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$106,630.00 - $159,940.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified
interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are
a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to
use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful
applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto
Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of
employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to
commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Wilmington , C13 - Operational Risk Officer - Risk Control Assessment Team, Other , Earleville, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!