Chief Financial Officer
Company: PENNSYLVANIA LEADERSHIP CHARTER SCHOOL
Location: West Chester
Posted on: January 26, 2023
PA Leadership Charter School (Main Office) - West Chester, PA
Full Time - 12 Month
Pennsylvania Leadership Charter School is a state-wide, public
(tuition-free) K-12 online charter school with a substantial number
of students. Our teachers are part of an educational team whose
innovative approach to education is providing a dynamic learning
experience for students across the state of Pennsylvania through
cyber education. All teachers report to work throughout our various
locations in Pennsylvania.
Click here for additional information about our school.
The Chief Financial Officer oversees an approximately $65 million
budget that encompasses local school district (statewide) and PDE
per student revenues, federal funds, and other contributions,
school business expenditures, investments, assets, and liabilities.
This includes direct oversight for Accounts Receivable, Accounts
Payable, bank accounts and reconciliations, investment management,
and fiduciary responsibilities.
The Chief Financial Officer will have responsibility to the CEO and
to the Board of Directors. The Chief Financial Officer will oversee
the Accounting department, budget preparation, and audit functions.
The Chief Financial Officer will direct the preparation of
financial reports and summaries, and create forecasts that predict
- Direct the preparation of all financial statements, including
income statements, balance sheets, tax returns, and governmental
- Work with departments (IT, Student Services, Academics, etc.)
to develop annual budgets.
- Work with Federal Programs to ensure proper administration and
- Develop a consolidated financial budget of anticipated revenues
and expenditures, based on anticipated enrollment and enrollment
- Manage Accounts Receivable staff and processes.
- Manage Accounts Payable staff and processes.
- Compare actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual
expenses; make any necessary adjustments to future projections and
- Review the budget planning process and suggest improvements to
- Analyze business operations to identify areas in need of
- Oversee investment of funds.
- Post payroll to the general ledger
- Other financial and accounting related projects and duties as
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Masters Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or
- Certified Public Accountant designation, preferred
- Significant experience in financial management
- Proficient in database and accounting computer application
- Strong knowledge of government accounting standards
- Strong knowledge of child accounting and public school
- Strong financial acumen and facility with budgets
- Knowledge of Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE)
policies, procedures, and regulations, a plus
- Deep understanding of the charter school movement in
Pennsylvania, a plus
- Knowledge of 501(c)(3) investment and tax policies, a plus
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented, collegial leadership style
- Supportive, mentoring demeanor with effective communication and
- Good motivator and leader by example
- High degree of confidentiality
- Physical: Normal vision, speech, hearing, walking, sitting,
standing, lifting, stooping, bending, grasping, keyboarding, and
- Mental: Positive Attitude, analyzing, problem solving, decision
making, and writing.
- Environmental: Online, office, blended school environment
Please apply at the link provided. Please note that we will only
contact you in the event that we wish to schedule an interview.
Review of applications will continue until the position is
PA Leadership Charter School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: PENNSYLVANIA LEADERSHIP CHARTER SCHOOL, Wilmington , Chief Financial Officer, Other , West Chester, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!