Company: Bender, Inc
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description:Assemble life-saving devices. Work with great
people. Experience a family-owned culture. About Bender For over 75
years, Bender has been a market leader in providing electrical
safety equipment to industries worldwide. Our wide portfolio of
cutting-edge products ensure that people, equipment, and facilities
worldwide are protected with the latest in electrical safety
technology. Our worldwide network of over 70 offices,
representatives, and partners offer comprehensive product,
application, and technical support. Bender's core competence is
electrical safety. With expertise in virtually every industry,
Bender provides both the products and knowledge to meet the demands
for customer-specific solutions. Always on the cutting edge, our
portfolio of electrical safety solutions focus on a wide range of
industries, from mainstay industries such as hospitals, mining, and
manufacturing, to newly developed industries such as solar, wind,
and electric vehicles. Our ongoing research and development in
virtually all industries ensures that no matter the application,
you can count on Bender to be your partner in electrical safety.
BenefitsAt Bender Inc. we believe in providing a generous benefits
package to our employees to help cover the always rising medical
costs and keep their out of pocket spend very low. Bender Inc.
covers 100% of insurance premiums for Medical, Dental, and Vision
for eligible employees and their qualifying dependents. The
benefits we offer to our employees include: - Medical (including
prescription plan) - Dental - Vision - Short-Term Disability -
Long-Term Disability - Health Care and Dependent Care Spending
Account - Life Insurance - Safe Harbor 401k Plan, where the company
contributes 3% of annual salary. - Employee Assistance Program -
Vacation & PTO - Paid Maternity/Parental Leave - 12 Paid
HolidaysMain Duties and Responsibilities: SafetyFollow all Bender
Inc. Safety Policies and Procedures, as well as the safety
requirements of our customers where applicable. Immediate reporting
of any safety violations or concerns.
- Ensure all applicable regulatory standards are met with regards
to loss prevention, accident investigation, OSHA compliance.
- Works with team members to actively improve safety of the
- Ensures that shop area is clean, organized, and free of
dangerous or hazardous material.
- Ensure safety action items are completed accurately and
- Follow SOPs and ensure all product is manufactured to
- Assists management in development of quality processes and work
- Work with team members to identify root cause to failures and
implementation of corrective actions.
- Works in accordance with product specification to ensure
minimization of defects. Fixes defects and reports issues if
- Assemble materials.
- Read and interpret drawings, diagrams, blueprints,
specifications, work orders, or reports
- Inspect and assemble wiring installations, assemblies, and
- Assemble electrical or electronic systems or support structures
and install components, units, subassemblies, wiring, or assembly
casings, using rivets, bolts, soldering or stud-welding
- Pack finished products for shipment.
- Properly label products and pallets according to
- Adjust or repair electrical equipment.
- Review work activities with supervisor.
- Work to complete orders in accordance to required delivery date
and production schedule.
- Capable or building products up to: GPMs, remotes, back boxes,
trims, transformers, IP ID and IX panels, and associated in-process
- Participates in CI initiatives and activities. I.e. 6S events,
Kaizen events, weekly CIP meetings, Root Cause Investigations, and
- Work with team members to provide input to improve process and
- Use 6S audits results to improve work areas and to ensure
sustainability of improvementsOther Duties
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as
necessaryRequirements:Educational and Experience Requirements
- High School Education or GED equivalent
- 1+ year experience with assembly
- 1+ year manufacturing experience
- 2+ years using power tool and hand tools. I.e. drills, saws,
screw drivers, etc.
- Ability to perform basic math
- Ability to read a tape measure to 1/16
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Capable to proficiently use basic functionalities of a
- Ability to operate forklift
- Flexible work hours when required
- Confidentiality; professionalism
- Willingness to learn and grow Physical Demands
- Hand and body strength - ability to handle up to 50lbs,
repetitive tightening of terminals and fasteners.
- Ability to lift, stand and work for extended period of
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance
and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
- Frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or
feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hearWork Environment
- This position is based primarily in the production area and
warehouse areas with occasional offsite or outdoor settings, as
- Occasional exposure to local outdoor weather conditions which
may range from 10 degrees and up to 100 degrees (Fahrenheit) for
entering and leaving Company facility
- The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate The
above statements and information are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed. They are not
intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, skills required of personnel so
classified. Nothing in this document is intended to exclude the
opportunity for modifications or adjustment to the job or the
manner of performing it consistent with the requirement to provide
reasonable accommodations to the disabled. With or without
accommodation, the essential functions must be performed. Employees
unable to accomplish any functions may request reasonable
accommodation's pursuant to the Americans with Disability Act. In
addition, employee must follow all Bender Inc. Safety Policies and
Procedures, as well as the safety requirements of our customers
where applicable. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Keywords: Bender, Inc, Wilmington , Assembler, Other , Exton, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!