Major Repair Specialist
Company: Penske Logistics
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Major Repair Specialist(Job Number: 2224143)
The purpose of this position is to reduce outside maintenance costs
through control of repair scope and labor/parts costs. The position
allows improved uptime through increased visibility and active
management of repair cycle times. The position removes work from
the local Maintenance Supervisor through remote, centralized
support of the entire process.
- Negotiate repair scope, and parts/labor costs with outside
service providers as necessary based on repair order information
and estimate from provider. Determine if estimate is accurate and
all repairs are captured and necessary.
- Manage repair to completion and provide periodic updates
through ServiceNet by maintaining contact with provider for status
- Provide training on common failures identified for other
associates, reviewing trending repairs and how to manage them.
Provide technical training plan support by guiding associates
towards a more technical role in the department
- Research OEM/service related sites/software to view repair
times and parts required to validate the estimate.
- Make recommendations on alternative service plans
- Consult with National OEM service contacts for support with
providers and to assist in facilitating repairs.
- Negotiating with outside service providers, and staying abreast
of technology advancements within the fleet.
- On Call availability on a rotational basis
- Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
- 10 years mechanical/technical experience required
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Tech school certification preferred
- Strong customer service skills required
- Must be computer literate
- Negotiating skills required
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast paced call center
- Consultative ability to translate repairs for first level
repair specialists, other operational stakeholders
- Ability to identify common failures and provide training to
associates on the team on those failures
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
- The physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet
of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North
America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske s
product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske Logistics, Wilmington , Major Repair Specialist, Other , Coatesville, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!