Utility Worker III
Company: Middlesex Water Company
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job DescriptionUtility Worker IIIAre we RIGHT for you? The word
RIGHT stands for what we VALUE: Respect, Integrity, Growth, Honesty
and Teamwork.Why join our team? Tidewater Utilities, Inc. has been
Delawares premiere water company since 1964. We have created a work
environment that promotes professional development and finding your
passion. We understand the importance of our services and the
individuals who uphold our reputation.Joining our team means that
you have a multitude of benefits that support you in and out of the
workplace such as- full medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401k,
paid time off, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program,
and more.To learn more, please visit
www.middlesexwater.com/tidewater-utilities.JOB SUMMARY: The
distribution utility worker III is responsible for assisting in all
necessary tasks involved with the maintenance, repair, and
inspection of all Tidewater Utilities fire hydrants, water
distribution valves and components. Assist in the installation and
repair of water service lines, meters, and pits. Aids in the repair
of sewage collection systems. All work is to be performed with a
reasonable standard of care and professionalism. Reports to a
distribution foreman or others with job site responsibility.WORK
- Assist in the installation of water service connections.
- Aids in the repair of sewer collection systems.
- Uncover all marked or suspected utilities by shovel as directed
by crew leader.
- Backfill material, tamp to ensure proper compaction, rake to
remove clumps, and seed.
- Uses mechanical tampers to compact disturbed areas in roadways
and parking lots.
- Assist in repairing water leaks, damaged meter pits, and other
water system components.
- May be required to work unscheduled overtime
- Perform on-call duties.
- Must adhere to Company Safety Policies and Procedures
- Assist in the operation checks and inspections of fire
- Helps to make necessary repairs to fire hydrants to meet local
- Helps out locating and mapping water distribution valves and
- Responds to freeze-ups and takes appropriate action to resolve
and correct the problem.
- Perform other duties to offer assistance to other departments
- Assist with water main flushing operations.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Capable to work well with others and without direct
- Must be able to receive and follow the directions of
- Ability to learn how to operate equipment such as backhoe,
trencher, tamper and sewer snake.
- Basic computer skills to be able to complete timesheets and
- Average overall mechanical skills.
- Able to interact with customers in a professional manner and
maintain a positive company image.
- Valid drivers license. Must be able to obtain a Class A CDL
license within 1 year of hire.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Frequent standing,
sitting, walking, and driving. Routinely using shovels and hand
tools. Regularly, climbing in and out of trenches with and without
ladders. Routinely, bending crouching, kneeling, working in
confining spaces and working over ones head. Occasionally, lifting
and carrying object weighing as much as 50 pounds unassisted and
more with assistance. Routinely walking on uneven ground and
slopes.WORKING CONDITIONS:Working indoors and out in all types of
weather and temperatures. Routinely exposed to continuous
background noise and water treatment chemicals. Rarely exposed to
raw sewage. Occasionally exposed to loud noises and
fumes.Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United
States.Candidates must be able to pass a drug screen,
pre-employment physical, background check, and have a valid drivers
license.You can submit your resume and salary requirements by:
e-mail to HRDE@middlesexwater.com by fax to 732-218-1169 or by mail
to HR Manager, Middlesex Water Company, 1100 S. Little Creek Road,
Dover, DE 19901.No phone calls please. We thank all applicants in
advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are
being considered for the position, or are currently employed by
Middlesex Water Company will be contacted. Middlesex Water Company
and its' subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer.by
Keywords: Middlesex Water Company, Wilmington , Utility Worker III, Other , Dover, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!