Reading Tutor for the 2023-24 School Year
Company: Reading Assist
Posted on: March 20, 2023
We seek passionate, capable tutors willing to serve the students
and the community. You do not need teaching experience, but you
must to be ready to commit to students for one school year.Reading
Assist Fellows must be willing to:
- Commit to a school year of service from August 21, 2023, or
September 5, 2023, until June 7, 2024, serving Monday-Friday from
approximately 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. for full time, 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. for
part-time, or our other part-time option which is 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday in one Reading Assist partner
- Work with children in K-3, including children who may have
behavioral challenges in addition to academic needs.
- Become an integral member of the AmeriCorps community and
participate in all AmeriCorps trainings, events, and projects.
- Attend all Reading Assist training sessions and events.
- Teach students in schools according to the Reading Assist
- Prepare lesson plans tailored to the individual needs of the
- Work with a coach to provide individualized instruction.
- Meet with coach regularly to discuss the implementation of the
intervention and student progress.
- Monitor student progress and input data.
- Communicate with coaches, school liaisons, and Reading Assist
staff members in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain records as required, including student attendance and
- Become an integral member of the school community.
- Help to recruit additional Reading Assist Fellows.*Fellows
follow their assigned school's schedule, including school breaks
and holidays.Reading Assist Fellows should:
- Be able to blend, segment, and manipulate sounds within
- Show an interest in literacy, education, and community
- Responsive to communications
- Demonstrate resilience, adaptability, and professionalism
- Maintain a patient and flexible mindset
- Be open to constructive feedback
- Complete an AmeriCorps application
- Submit to a background checks and fingerprinting
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien
- Have at least a GED or high school diploma
- Must be proficient with, or open to learning on a quick curve,
Google Classroom, Zoom, PowerPoint, and email
- Must have a computer (laptop or desktop)
Keywords: Reading Assist, Wilmington , Reading Tutor for the 2023-24 School Year, Other , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...