Company: CareLink Community Support Services
Location: West Chester
Posted on: May 26, 2023
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.DescriptionCareer Specialist
Company: CareLink Community Support Services For over 60 years,
CareLink Community Support Services has been dedicated to helping
people with disabilities to live in the community with dignity and
independence. Our rehabilitation services and professional staff
provide the support that people with serious mental illness,
physical disabilities and other developmental challenges need to be
active, productive members of their communities. Location: Chester,
PA 19013 (Career Services Program) Pay Rate: $18.50 an hour Job
Type: Full-timeAvailable Shifts: 1st shift Monday through Friday
(37.5 hours a week)Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Bereavement leave
- 403 (b) retirement plan
- Long term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Basic life insurance and basic AD&D coverage at no cost to
- Voluntary, employee paid benefit plans: Short term disability
and Supplemental life insurance and AD&D
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursementJob Description: The Career Specialist is
responsible for promoting recovery, wellness, and
self-determination for individuals participating in services by
implementing, supporting, and documenting activities that promote
recovery. Our DSP is responsible for supporting community
integration. The goal of the counselor is to promote the pursuit of
independence for all individuals participating in service. The
essential functions are established based upon the agency mission,
values, and goals.Qualifications: Required/ Preferred Education:
Bachelor's Degree Field of study: Human Services or related field
Work Experience: 2 to 3 years Certifications, Licenses,
Registrations Required: CPRP is preferred, Valid Driver's
- Meet with potential employers and develop contacts that are
interested in employing Career Services Program consumers.
- Provide presentations to referral sources, businesses,
colleges, and other community groups as needed to explain the
Career Services Program.
- Responsible for coordination and following of the referral and
- Responsible to meet with Director to determine final
eligibility and with staff to introduce consumer's
- Responsible for conducting intake into the Career Services
- Ensure that discharge follow-ups are done and information
- Develop a Job Bank database of employers and the Career
- Act as liaison between employers and the Career Services
- Assist employers and consumers in understanding and applying
- Assist employers in obtaining state and federal tax credit when
- Meet with new program consumers and develop an Individual
Career Service Plan outlining goals and action steps as
- Provide vocational and educational supports while maximizing
- Assist program participants with job applications, resumes,
references and job interviews.
- Pre-screen job applicants and assess potential work
- Assist consumers with employment forms (I-9, W4, etc.) as
- Provide job coaching services to participants when
- Provide transportation to consumer when necessary and provide
training on alternative transportation modes (SEPTA, etc.).
- Address issues regarding communication and social skills,
professionalism, and hygiene as needed.
- Work with consumers to understand SSI, SSDI, or other benefits
programs and incentives to work, as well as other impacts of new
income on those benefits.
- Meet with consumers at least monthly to address Service Plan
- Handle on-going follow up with consumers and employers as
- Document all consumer career services interactions in progress
notes as required.
- Prepare monthly reports and submit to Career Services
- Attend and be prepared for all scheduled Career Services staff
and supervision meetings.
- Meet with referring and/or funding agencies when
- Meet with families of consumers when appropriate.
- Assist Career Services Supervisor and Staff in designing new
training as needed.
- Conduct consumer education and training groups.
- Coordinate job development and coaching activities with
Supervisor and other Employment Specialist(s) to maximize program
- Keep supervisor informed in order to prioritize duties, update
progress, schedules, etc.
- Assist the director with development of career services program
in new counties.
- Respond appropriately to emergency situations.
- Perform job within framework of agency, site and professional
- Attend and participate in agency events.
- Adhere to agency/site policies and procedures.
- Project a positive and image to consumers, family members,
staff and outside contacts.
- Use appropriate communication channels.
- Participate in achievement of agency goals, mission and
- Display motivation and interest in working creatively with
people who have mental illness.
- Demonstrate the ability to make sound judgements regarding the
welfare of consumers.
- Display knowledge of basic principles and methods or
- Follow expected dress code and dress appropriately to represent
the agency in business settings.
- Cooperate/coordinate with other staff and exhibit positive
attitude toward position and agency mission.
- Show initiative and demonstrate good judgement.
- Attend meetings and conferences as required.
- Complete assigned tasks within expected time frames.
- Performs job in a safe manner.
- Reports/addresses safety concerns in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as
assigned.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong collaborating skills, and an ability to work effectively
both independently and as part of a team.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with frequent
deadlines; high energy, self-motivated and proactive.
- Knowledge of basic principles and methods of vocational
- Motivation, interest and ability to work empathetically and
creatively with people who have mental illness required.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to take direction as well as direct others
- Ability to make sound judgements regarding the health/welfare
of consumers required.
- Demonstrated and consistent sales ability required.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential information
- Ability to appropriately interact with all parties related to
provision of services.
- Ability and willingness to drive agency van and personal
vehicle while on company business.
- Ability and willingness to work at multiple
Keywords: CareLink Community Support Services, Wilmington , Career Specialist, Other , West Chester, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...