Posted on: November 19, 2023
Job Details Job Location Simpson Meadows - Downingtown, PA
Education Level High School - Travel Percentage None Job Category
Health Care Description For more than 150 years, Simpson has met
the changing needs and desires of Philadelphia area seniors from
diverse backgrounds. A not-for-profit family of services, Simpson
House, Simpson Meadows, Jenner's Pond, Simpson Gardens I & II, and
Simpson Midtown, as well as Simpson Home Care. Our loyal and
long-term staff is full of caring professionals who truly love what
Simpson provides residents with a lifestyle that includes on-campus
conveniences, services, and amenities such as casual and fine
dining venues, beauty salons, fitness centers, security,
healthcare, activity programs, and much more. Our employees are
inspired by a culture of Loving-Kindness, and we are fully
committed to appreciating the array of backgrounds and talents
demonstrated by our employees.
Simpson is looking for a Care Associate to join our dynamic and
seasoned team. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity to
showcase your unique skills in the Personal Care industry, get in
touch with us to discuss how you can join our team. Take a look at
the details below for the position.
Position Summary: A Care Associate is responsible for providing
care and support to residents of our assisted living or personal
care facility. The specific duties and responsibilities of a Care
Associate may vary depending on the facility and the needs of the
residents, but generally include:
- Assisting residents with activities of daily living (ADLs) such
as bathing, dressing, grooming, and toileting.
- Helping residents with mobility and transferring, including
using assistive devices such as walkers or wheelchairs.
- Providing medication reminders and assistance with medication
- Assisting with meal preparation and feeding.
- Performing Light housekeeping tasks such as tidying up a room,
making beds, laundry, and emergent cleaning if necessary
- Providing companionship and emotional support to
- Monitoring residents' health and reporting any changes or
concerns to the appropriate staff.
- Assisting with recreational activities and outings.
- Documenting care provided and observations in residents'
- Following all facility policies and procedures to ensure the
safety and well-being of residents.
- Care Associates may work full-time or part-time, and may work
in shifts that include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Care Associates are required to complete Medication
Administration Certification within the first 4 weeks of employment
- Utilize Relias training online to continually update skills and
training each calendar year as required by the regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful Care Associates are compassionate, patient, and able to
work well in a team environment. They should also have good
communication skills and be able to follow instructions carefully.
Care Associates, provide assistance with daily living activities
for elderly or disabled individuals who require help to live
independently. Core competencies for a Care Associate include:
- Communication skills: Care Associates must have strong verbal
and written communication skills to effectively communicate with
residents, family members, and healthcare professionals.
- Compassion and empathy: Care Associates must be compassionate
and empathetic toward the residents they care for, understanding
their unique needs and providing support and encouragement.
- Personal care skills: Care Associates must have knowledge of
personal care tasks such as bathing, grooming, dressing, feeding,
and toileting, and be able to assist residents with these
- Medication management: Care Associates (Certified in Medication
Administration) must be knowledgeable about medication
administration and be able to assist residents with taking their
medications as prescribed.
- Safety skills: Care Associates must be trained in safety
procedures and be able to recognize potential hazards and take
steps to prevent accidents.
- Time management: Care Associates must be skilled in time
management to ensure that all necessary tasks are completed in a
timely manner. When tasks are completed, being proactive in finding
opportunities to enhance quality time with residents or assist your
team in meaningful ways.
- Record-keeping: Care Associates must be able to maintain
accurate records of resident care, including medication
administration, vital signs, and other pertinent information.
- Problem-solving skills: Care Associates must be able to
identify problems and quickly find solutions to ensure the
well-being of residents.
- Flexibility: Care Associates must be able to adapt to changing
situations and be comfortable working in a fast-paced
- Teamwork: Care Associates must be able to work effectively as
part of a team, communicating with other healthcare professionals
and family members to provide the best possible care for
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list
of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications relevant to the
Retirement community providing service to senior adults in
independent, assisted and skilled nursing community. The majority
of the time Community is a 24/7 operation, which requires
availability for weekends and holidays.
- While providing direct care to our residents, you may be
exposed to bodily fluids, viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens.
Please wear proper personal protective equipment (ie: masks,
gloves, face shield, gowns etc.) that is provided when needed.
Walking, standing, bending, and sitting for extended periods. Be
able to push, pull or lift up to the weight of the human body.
Equipment/tools/machines used in performance of this job:
- Computer and software required - Matrix Care (EMR). Email and
Microsoft Office Suite and well as PAYCOM Mobile app for
Timekeeping and Payroll
- Equipment necessary in job functions for weight and vitals -
Thermometer, Blood Pressure Cuff, Stethoscope, Pulse Oximeter,
- Mobility Equipment - Wheelchair, Sit to Stand, Hoyer Lift,
Shower Chair etc.
Education or Degree Required:
- HS Diploma or equivalent (ie: GED) - If applicant attended
secondary school outside the US, Diploma must be translated to
English language if printed in native language.
- Complete Direct Care Worker Training from Temple University
Online before orientation Direct Care Staff Training and Competency
Test - (temple.edu)
- Complete Dementia Care Training - completed with in 30 days of
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations:
- CPR Certified
- First Aid Certified
- AED Certified (Preferred)
- Medication Administration Certified (Preferred)
Related Skills and Experience:
- 1 year experience providing direct care to seniors or disabled
- Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures to communicate
with other healthcare providers when necessary.
Simpson Benefits (FT employees, Part-Time are eligible for some
- Compensation Based on Experience w/ Shift
- Health Plan (BCBS)
- Plans include access to MDLive virtual care.
- Dental Plans
- 403(b) Retirement Plan w/matching
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid AD&D
- Company Paid Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability
- Pet Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity
- Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
Simpson is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a
drug-free workplace. We do not discriminate in services or
employment based on race, color, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
past or present receipt of disability-related services or supports,
marital status, veteran status, or any other class of persons
protected by federal, state, or local law.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Simpson
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that
every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our
As a business imperative, every person at Simpson has the
responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core
Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative,
which helps us better serve our residents and our communities.
COVID-19 and Influenza considerations:
Simpson is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Employer if you are
offered employment proof of influenza vaccine is required
(October-March) unless you request and receive an approved medical
or religious exemption from Simpson. COVID-19 Vaccinations are
suggested but not required at this time.
Keywords: Simpson, Wilmington , Care Associate, Other , Downingtown, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!