Part-Time Member Service Supervisor (MSS) Job
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Posted on: April 18, 2019
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the
warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today,
we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in
16 states from Maine to Florida.While our Members know us for
helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team
Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace
that's committed to developing great talent.If you're a motivated
and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is
committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to
hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with
great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits
packages to help you succeed.MEMBER SERVICES SUPERVISOR (MSS)Job
SummaryOversees all frontline team members to ensure all membership
products are offered and Member orders/requests are processed in a
positive, timely, and efficient manner. The MSS supervises,
develops, and motivates all team members for the successful
execution of membership programs and initiatives as well as front
line operations. The MSS is responsible for monitoring, driving and
coaching for desired membership/member experience goals and
results. Delegates work, monitors staffing and compliance with
operational standards. Provides excellent customer service to our
Members.Primary Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Drives membership metrics through acquisition, retention,
loyalty and experience programs.
- Drives member engagement, speed, and productivity on the front
- Supervises all frontline teams including the member service
- Adopts lead roles as assigned by MSM to target and support the
key drivers of acquisition, retention, perks and Member
- Supervises, trains, coaches, motivates, evaluates, and
recognizes front of Club Team Members on tasks, responsibilities
and expectations defined by position, including delivering service
and driving retention.,
- Utilizes the Cashier Observation Forms, Cashier Productivity
Boards, membership reports to drive performance and Member
- Assign, supervise and monitor the workload of each team
- Assesses team member performance. Provide actionable feedback.
Administer coaching for behavior and performance concerns for
- Provides MSM with feedback including individual performance in
membership key metrics for team member performance reviews.
- Performs front end MOD responsibilities including but not
limited to, closing through POS, and Member escalated service
- Provides a high level of customer service to Members. Acts with
sense of urgency to ensure members are assisted in a timely and
- Acts as a backup for cashiers when needed and provides ongoing
register and membership training and support to all frontline team
- Scans all club merchandise through a point-of-sale system to
ensure accurate inventory counts and accurate purchase totals for
Members. Loads shopping carts when necessary.
- Collects payments via cash, check, or other charge payments
from customers. Issues receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to
- Stays up-to-date on all merchandise promotions, advertisements,
and product information. Discounts purchases by scanning and
- Supervises the cleanliness of the key front of club member
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
- Manages self-checkout lanes and scan and pan lanes. Assists
Members with operations and technical difficulties.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.Qualifications
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Prior Membership or sales knowledge and experience
- Prior cashier experience preferred.
- Basic math skills required.Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about on hard surfaces. There
may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan
merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling, reaching, and/or
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater
than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area with infrequent exposure
to temperature extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional
exposure to cleaning agents.BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a
policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team
members and applicants for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national
origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information,
atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status,
pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran
status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc., Wilmington , Part-Time Member Service Supervisor (MSS) Job, Other , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!