Posted on: July 16, 2019
Tuesday, February 5, 2019
Delaware Online apart of Gannett Publishing Services & USA Today
The Operations Coordinator provides general support for the
circulation department by handling many of the department's weekend
operational needs. This position is responsible for a variety of
tasks and responsibilities within home delivery, but tasks may also
include single copy and non-daily distribution areas. The
Operations Coordinator job duties may entail but are not limited
to: preparing paper work, distribution center coverage,
distributing daily and non-daily products to independent
contractors, clearing outside drop locations and distribution
centers, weekly total market coverage product delivery
verification, re-delivery to retail sales locations, and assisting
in the delivery of nondaily and core products to consumers and
retailers. This individual will conduct themselves in accordance
with company policies and procedures; ensure quality customer
service and professional representation when dealing with
customers, retailers or the general public; use sound judgment and
discretion at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for distribution and handling of daily and
non-daily products to carriers, retailers and consumers. This
position may also assist with delivering open routes for home
delivery, running shortages, delivering missed newspapers, retailer
merchandising checks, etc. as well as disseminating information to
circulation management regarding any carrier or product issues for
- On some occasions, utilize computer systems such as Genesys and
- Keep distribution centers clean and safe, picking up trash and
debris in and around the distribution area daily.
- Assist bundle haulers and carriers with questions and problems
in the absence of a company manager.
- Assist home delivery staff in all aspects of running the
distribution area in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for reporting to management any issues relating to
the distribution center and/or daily activities for the
distribution center such as, contractor pick up times and product
- Conduct weekly Total Market Coverage product verifications by
following the established verification process.
- Ensure adherence to all returns reporting and verification
- Expected to meet regular attendance goals of the company,
relate well with their employees and managers, and perform
according to company expectations.
- Maintain a professional, courteous manner when dealing with
contractors and customers.
- Performs all other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience on the job to perform satisfactorily: 3
- Good time management skills with the ability to perform
assigned tasks efficiently and safely.
- Neat, clean appearance conforming to department
- Has reliable vehicle that may be used to perform
- Ability to read maps, route manifests and conduct route
verification of non-daily product delivery.
- Ability to communicate with contractors, co-workers, company
staff, retailers, and customers.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work and/or drive in all weather environments and
- Ability to effectively receive and relay information and
- Ability to repetitively stoop, bend and walk to distribute
newspapers. May push and pull carts loaded with newspapers and
repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing between 10-20
- Ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously within a
fast paced environment.
- Ability to function with minimum direct supervision.
- Minimum age requirement of 18 years of age and must have a
valid driver's license, proof of insurance, a good driving record
and must be able to use own vehicle to perform these duties.
Keywords: Gannett, Wilmington , Operations Coordinator, Other , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!