Senior Research Scientist - Biochemistry/Biophysics
Company: Prelude Therapeutics Incorporated
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Prelude Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on
discovery and development of innovative small molecule therapeutics
targeting novel pathways for the treatment of cancer and rare
diseases. Prelude has assembled a world-class team with a passion
for scientific innovation and a commitment to developing novel
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Research
Scientist with a background in Biochemistry or Biophysics to join
our Early Discovery team. The Senior Research Scientist will be
responsible for helping to guide strategic scientific decisions and
research program development. This individual will develop and
optimize biochemical/biophysical assays to identify and
characterize small-molecule modulators, perform kinetic and MOA
studies to characterize diverse biological enzyme systems and
screen and profile compounds in support of medicinal chemistry
Join a dynamic, diverse and fun work environment consistent with
Prelude's cultural attributes for success: camaraderie,
collaboration, disciplined, innovative, openness, patient-focused
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Coordinate with R&D team members to lead key elements of
discovery and preclinical development programs for novel cancer
therapies. Independently design, optimize and execute various assay
formats such as biochemical and/or biophysical assays (FlashPlate,
TR-FRET, thermal shift, SPR, etc.) in multiple plate formats.
- Use literature survey to solve specific research problems.
Learn and implement new experimental techniques that can answer
critical scientific questions and advance programs.
- Manage and direct external resources (CRO) and collaborators.
Actively contribute to a focused, team-oriented atmosphere aiding
and/or guidance to colleagues when needed
- Identify and implement scientific and logistical solutions in a
- Maintain high standards of laboratory safety, comply with the
safety manual and complete required training courses.
- Perform research in compliance with all applicable regulatory
and guidelines, as informed by supervisor.
- PhD in biochemistry, biophysics, chemical biology or a relevant
- A minimum of 3-5 years or bachelor's or Master of Science and
10+years of relevant assay development experience. Experience in
industry or biotech preferred.
- Strong background in assay development and mode-of-action
characterization, including but not limited to binding kinetics,
and protein chemistry.
- Hands on experience in enzymatic and biophysical assays (SPR,
DSF and/or other biophysical methods)
- Hands on experience in high-throughput screening and lab
automation is preferred
- Experience with Excel, Electronic Lab Notebook and other
programs (ImageJ, GraphPad Prism) is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and able to balance multiple
tasks or projects.
- Familiarity with analysis of high throughput screening
- Experience working with CROs and/or compound management
- Highly analytical mind, attention to detail, organization
skills, and rigorous experimental record keeping using an
electronic notebook system are critical.
- Collaborative, proactive and optimistic personality.
- Diligent with details and timely execution and delivery of
- Highly self-motivated, with excellent verbal and written
communication skills, and the ability to work efficiently,
independently, and in a team/matrix environment.
Prelude Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: Prelude Therapeutics Incorporated, Wilmington , Senior Research Scientist - Biochemistry/Biophysics, Other , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!