Diesel Fleet Technician - Start at $29/Hour +$5,000-$8,000 Sign-On
Company: Sysco - Eastern Maryland Diesel Technician
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Sysco is Hiring Diesel Fleet TechniciansStart at $29/Hour + Up
to $8,000 Sign-On Bonus (Sign-on bonus between $5,000-$8,000,
depending on experience) $600/Year Tool AllowanceWe offer our
associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally,
to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to
serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're
looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team.
Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of
food and service.Responsibilities:
- Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on
vehicles and equipment with in planned time tolerances to maximize
the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life
cycle of the fleet.
- Perform FAI/CVI (Annual) inspections on all fleet vehicles
including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, light-duty
vehicles, and any other company-owned equipment in accordance with
all federal, state and local legal and regulatory agencies.
(Includes all state-required inspections and frequencies).
- Perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per company
methods on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers,
converter dollies, lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and any other
- Perform quality maintenance repairs as required to maximize
safety and reliability on all fleet vehicles including tractors,
trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and
any company-owned equipment.
- Address all Driver Vehicle Inspection Report write ups timely,
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to
manufacturer specifications including but not limited to engines,
transmissions and clutches, drive-line, differential, steering and
suspension, fuel and ignition system, exhaust systems (including
regeneration systems), intake systems, electrical systems, brake
systems, HVAC systems and lift-gate hydraulic, mechanical and
- Follow procedures including documenting all work performed on
- Learn and develop efficiency in Sysco computer programs
- Mentor, teach and share expertise with Fleet Technician I and
II to aid in their development to positions of greater
- May perform moderate supervisory roles when Fleet Manager or
Fleet Supervisors are not accessible.
- Proficient in electrical meter testing
- Knowledge of controls and electric (DC (distribution center)
- Electric motor knowledge (DC)
- Complete electrical repairs and welding projects as needed.Want
a Career With Sysco? - Complete the form and application
today!Qualifications & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Current and valid driver's license
- Medium / Heavy duty truck technical training
- 2-year school and 4 years of experience OR
- 5 years of experience in fleet maintenance and repair
- Air brake certification
- Refrigeration certification
- EPA section 608 and 609 HVAC certification
- Must have own toolsApply Now!Sysco is an Equal Opportunity
Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Sysco - Eastern Maryland Diesel Technician, Wilmington , Diesel Fleet Technician - Start at $29/Hour +$5,000-$8,000 Sign-On, Professions , Selbyville, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!