Assistant Transportation Manager
Company: Dot Foods
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Location: Bear, DE Department: Transportation/DTI Reports To:
Director of Transportation
Your Role: To provide assistance to the Director of Transportation
in establishing and maintain Dot Transportation fleet performance
in all areas of our business including recruiting, retention,
operations, safety, budgeting, etc.
* Coordinates with dispatch for efficient and effective fleet
* Assists with DTI safety related issues.
* Conducts driver reviews.
* Supports overall dispatch and traffic management goals.
* Coordinates training for drivers based on individual performance
within key areas.
* Manages the development of Driver Trainers
* Manages the on-board computer system and hours of service for all
* Leads continuous improvement efforts while applying lean thinking
and tools to eliminate waste.
* Supervision - Assigned drivers, driver trainers or other DTI
* Travel - Approx. 2-3 nights per year. Must have ability to travel
independently as needed, without restriction by all modes of
transportation, including car, plane, or train for training or
We Need You To Have:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent Dot Foods experience
* Strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Computer skills, experience in using Microsoft Office programs/
* Ability to function in a multi-task environment
We'd Like You To Have:
* Prior management experience
* Prior transportation experience
* Ability to influence desired behavior change with
internal/external customers and vendors
* Ability to clearly and effectively communicate in one-on-one and
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has
created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital
part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and
respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and
count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive
working environment, we will provide you with:
* A friendly working environment
* Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
* Significant advancement opportunities
Safety: This position assume responsibility for the workplace
safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the
work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show
unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal
employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its
employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color,
religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or
veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable
federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or
for existing positions.
Keywords: Dot Foods, Wilmington , Assistant Transportation Manager, Professions , Bear, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!